Science Forums

[News] Roam the planet while taking care of it!

Moontanman

ROAM THE PLANET WHILE TAKING CARE OF IT

"Leave nothing behind" just took on a whole new meaning. The Jeep EV development vehicle infuses Wrangler's go-anywhere capability with eco-friendly emissions.

For your typical commutes, the four-door Jeep EV won't sip an ounce of gasoline or emit any carbon, relying on its electric motor and advanced lithium-ion battery system for the first 40 miles. When you feel like wandering, a small gasoline engine with an integrated electric generator produces the additional energy needed to power the electric-drive system - up to 400 miles on eight to ten gallons of gas.

If your adventure should include some off-roading, you can rely on the instant high torque of the electric-drive motor and the ability to precisely control each wheel independently to get you where you need to go - paved or unpaved.

https://www.chryslerllc.com/en/innovation/envi/specs/jeep_vehicles.php

SUVs, WHY WHY WHY!! Why cant they just build a normal smaller car.

First of all this was just one of many new hybrids the Chrysler company is coming out with, most are just cars, secondly never insult a Jeep Wrangler by calling it a SUV, :eek_big: SUV's are for soccer moms to drive and feel like they are bigger than traffic, :) Jeep wranglers are 4X4s Four wheel drives, they are mainly built for traveling off road, are made with real 4X4 parts not car parts grafted onto a larger chassis. I've been driving Jeeps off road most of my life, if I had a dollar for every SUV I'd had to pull out of the mud or sand or had to tow back to the hard road because they broke an axle or wrung a gear I'd be able to buy a new wrangler :hyper: I think it's wonderful they are making a 4X4 hybrid, makes a lot of sense, now if they will just give you solar panels to charge it during the day so you can drive it at night I will be happy. Into the wilderness in 40 mile increments :doh: