Science Forums

The Holocene Broken Comet Impact Sequence

JusDennis

I’ve found the Impact site you've all been looking for. It’s been right under our feet all along. But the stupendous size of the thing is beyond comprehension. And that is why we never realized what we were standing on. And until we saw Shoemaker-Levy 9 hit Jupiter, it would have been incomprehensible that such a thing could possibly happen at all.

You see, all of this time we've all been like the fleas on an elephants back, who, when asked what they were standing on, replied; "Why, this is our world of course!" We just needed to get a little distance. Simply turn on Google Earth set it to the highest resolution you can get, open your eyes, then zoom out to about 1300 miles, and then look closely at the eastern USA. If You know some one who has experience with aerial surveillance photos have them look with you.

The two circles you see centered on north central Alabama are not mere artifacts of the software. They were caused by the rapid-successive atmospheric compression waves of multiple impact detonations of unimaginable magnitude. They are the ghostly signature of the beginning of the Holocene extinction. And of the first impacts of the sequence.

The impact sequence begins at Marshal lake, Alabama, USA. And then progresses to the north east. There are Two concentric explosion compression wave rings; one at about 250 miles in diameter. The other is about 360 miles diameter. The first few impacts only partially melted the material in the crater and thus an impact fracture star in the crust remains which is the lake. Then it started to get violent. Another big one hit, creating another tremendous compression wave when it hit in the crater melt to the north east, heating the melt enough that this time it splashes up, out, and in front of it. Looking like plops in a lava stream the impacts continue in a relentless stream 80 or 90 miles wide all the way up into Maine. Each one heating the melt still more and progressively kicking it out in front forming all of the ropey-folded land forms we see there today.

I’m guessing that it consisted of a string of comet fragments. Because you can see clearly that it came in from the southwest at a point angled about 45 degrees to the plane of the ecliptic. And the rest of the world will need to check me on this. But some of the pieces must have been many miles wide. The string probably included the whole comet but anything smaller then that is like looking for the footprints of a baby in the mud after the whole family has walked by. It looks to me like it happened in about an hour. But in that hour whole mountain ranges we've always thought were immeasurably ancient and eroded remnants of big ones like the Himalayas were plopped down.

Study the location I’ve described very closely, and carefully. Do you see what I see?

Just imagine that day.

I can't wrap mind my mind around this. We've all known for some time now that some thing caused a mass extinction. Would you look at it? You could time the sequence down to the second by the earth’s rotation. Imagine the tremendous scale of those impacts and the energy of the explosions they must have produced. Think of the death and destruction they must have caused. The Mastodons and all of that beautiful life that lived with them, all of them, they were all dead and gone, in minutes. Dear God, I did not want to believe such a thing can happen.

Much good sound science has been done and published by many of our best and brightest scientists on the trail of the Holocene extinction. Whose data show conclusively that just such a thing did indeed happen about 12,000 years ago. They've been sweating in the field and in their labs for a long time now. And have done much good, work. Some have devoted their careers to the research.

They did their work so well that all that was required to find it was a good eye and a willingness to trust and believe that something so many good scientists have described so well must be here somewhere. It is a privilege to validate all their work with the simple words; "Hey! You were right! Look what I found!"

I think I’ve also figured out how to locate how and catalog most of the other significant impacts of the past two hundred million years. Care for a demonstration?

Dennis Cox

I don't think you'll find much evidence backing up the idea of a "young" Appalachian chain, but....

NewsDaily: Diamonds suggest comets caused killer cold spell

WASHINGTON, Jan. 2, 2009 (Reuters) — Tiny diamonds sprinkled across North America suggest a "swarm" of comets hit the Earth around 13,000 years ago, kicking up enough disruption to send the planet into a cold spell and drive mammoths and other creatures into extinction, scientists reported on Friday.

They are buried at a level that corresponds to the beginning 12,900 years ago of the Younger Dryas, a 1,300-year-long cold spell during which North American mammoths, saber-toothed cats, camels and giant sloths became extinct.

The Clovis culture of American Indians also appears to have fallen apart during this time.

http://hypography.com/forums/news-in-brief/17898-six-north-american-sites-hold-12-a.html

Thanks Moontanman!

~ :doh:

Yes I know. This thing stretches my imagination to the breaking point too. It's just that there has been so much work, in so many of the earth sciences, by some the best scientists in the world. Sediments, Ancient Weather, Holocene extinctinction, the list goes on and on. Each study comming to the same conclusion from a different direction. And all pointing to an impact event of tremendous scale about that long ago. That the idea that they could all be mistaken stretches it even more. And so does the idea that a mass extinction impact event effecting half a continent could erode away with no visible trace in such short time.

Please understand that I am not a scientist seeking support for a theory. And I won't loose any sleep if I wind up looking like chicken little for all the world to see. I've sent emails directly to alot of the top scientists in the fields that this touches on. Dr. Alvarez at berkely included. All of them sent out just last night. And I'm going crazy with impatience waiting for their replies. But it's the last weekend of the holiday season. I've got to give them time to come back into their offices, check emails, look it over carefully, kick it around, and hopefully give me an alternate explanation. Because, if confirmed, it's the most frightening thing I'll ever see.

I'm just someone who's noticed something terrible and frightening. Who asks everyone; Look there, do you see what I see?

I believe that for human knowledge to progress properly we need to be willing to dump any theory, no matter how long held, universally accepted, or treasured. And no matter how, seemingly sound, and logical it may be, if it flies in the face of a clearly observable and demonstrable fact. Otherwise we may as well all go back to believing that we live on a flat world carried on the back of a turtle at the center of the universe. And to burning anyone who says othwise at the stake for heresy.

The slow uplift, slow erosion of the landforms in the area I’ve described is a long held theory that goes back to a time when the idea of rocks the size of mountains falling from the sky was still considered to be the stuff of religious myths and legends.

Does anyone know of any recently published Argon-Argon dating research pointing to the age of the basalts in area I’ve described? I’m looking for lab tests only. No theories please. I already have too many theories of my own. And some of them are even more preposterous than this one.

The theory can be proved or disproved by performing radiometric analysis of the basalts in the Appalachians. If I am correct, Then all of the rocks of the crater melt, as well as those anywhere in the Appalachian chain will have the same date 12000 to 13000 years ago (See Argon-argon dating) The age of the Appalachian mountains, and how they were formed is an old and almost universally accepted theory that could not be put to the test untill the recent invention of radiometric dating. It has stood this long because it was the best geuss we had. And, untill now, there was no reason to call it into question. We shall see.

This is completely off-topic but I had the fantastic experience of going from Cleveland to New Jersey via air in October 2008. It was a brilliant day and the view was beautiful. There was some congestion at NJ so we had to circle around a bit, and it so happened that we circled over a section of the Appalachians. Stunning! Especially with the flat country eastwards against the beautiful mountain range.

It's been so many years that it seems like another lifetime. But I used to drive back and forth across the country. And I agree. Stunning is one of the words I would use too. And when you drive across them there are breath taking views looking north and south down through those canyons that defy description. And in some places they almost look like giant hallways if you're down on the soggy bottom.

My imagination is my forte. Academically I'm a C+ student who only made it through because my professors liked me. But I have the most powerful imagination I know of. Every where else on earth that I have seen erosion randomizes the land forms as it progresses. Yet the Apalachians are the straightest, smoothest, and most uniform mountains on earth.There is no place else like them anywhere. And we are expected to accept without question that they are they among the oldest?... Nah! Or as my grandad used to say: "boy, that dog just don't hunt". I've learned to trust my imagination over the years such that If I can't imagine how something could be true, then maybe it ain't. It's been an uncomfortable wrinkle in my imaginatation that I just can't leave alone. As I said; we shall see.

It's been so many years that it seems like another lifetime. But I used to drive back and forth across the country. And I agree. Stunning is one of the words I would use too. And when you drive across them there are breath taking views looking north and south down through those canyons that defy description. And in some places they almost look like giant hallways if you're down on the soggy bottom.

My imagination is my forte. Academically I'm a C+ student who only made it through because my professors liked me. But I have the most powerful imagination I know of. Every where else on earth that I have seen erosion randomizes the land forms as it progresses. Yet the Apalachians are the straightest, smoothest, and most uniform mountains on earth.There is no place else like them anywhere. And we are expected to accept without question that they are they among the oldest?... Nah! Or as my grandad used to say: "boy, that dog just don't hunt". I've learned to trust my imagination over the years such that If I can't imagine how something could be true, then maybe it ain't. It's been an uncomfortable wrinkle in my imaginatation that I just can't leave alone. As I said; we shall see.

Do you know of any other reason the Appalachians would be worn down so smooth and regular? New mountains are tall and sharp, old mountains are worn and smooth. other dating methods have been used as well to date the Appalachians. If you know of another idea I would like to know it. I grew up in the Appalachian Mountains, they are eroded and contain some really ancient fossils.

CVO Menu - America's Volcanic Past - Appalachians, Blue Ridge, Great Smoky Mountains

CONTINENTAL COLLISION:

About 470 million years ago, the motion of the crustal plates changed, and the continents began to move toward each other. Eventually, about 270 million years ago, the continents ancestral to North America and Africa collided. Huge masses of rock were pushed west-ward along the margin of North America and piled up to form the mountains that we know as the Appalachians.

Appalachian Mountains, Carbon Dioxide Caused Long-Ago Global Cooling

APPALACHIAN MOUNTAINS, CARBON DIOXIDE CAUSED LONG-AGO GLOBAL COOLING

PHILADELPHIA – The rise of the Appalachian Mountains may have caused a major ice age approximately 450 million years ago, an Ohio State University study has found.

GO 568 Appalachian Mountains

The tectonic history of the Appalachian Mountains is divided traditionally into three main orogenic phases during the Paleozoic. Each phase begins with accumulation of thick marine sediments and volcanic deposits, culminates with deformation and uplift of mountains, and finally ends with tectonic quiessence. A particular consequence of orogeny is production of sediment in great volumes as uplifted mountains undergo rapid erosion. Thus, each phase is marked by buildup of a so-called "delta" filling shallow seas on the continental side of the orogeny. These deltas are actually clastic fans that include sediments deposited in many environments--terrestrial, coastal, near-shore, and off-shore settings. Much of what is known about the timing, location, and magnitude of mountain uplift is deciphered from the record of sediment accumulation.

Taconic Orogeny: -- First important tectonic activity took place during the Ordovician. Thrusting and folding was mainly in the northern portion. Uplifted mountains shed sediment to the west, and the "Queenstown delta" built up near Albany, New York.

Acadian Orogeny: -- Major orogeny of the northern Appalachians occurred in the Devonian, centered in New England and southern New York. Strong folding, thrusting, metamorphism and granite intrusion took place. Sediments accumulated in the "Catskill delta" across southern New York and northern Pennsylvania.

Allegheny Orogeny: -- Major orogeny of the southern Appalachians culminated in the Pennsylvanian. Thrusting, folding, metamorphism and intrusion happened from Pennsylvania southward to Alabama. A clastic "delta" spread over western Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky and Tennessee.

Geologists Find New Origins Of Appalachian Mountains

Geologists Find New Origins Of Appalachian Mountains

ScienceDaily (Nov. 17, 2006) — Geologists have developed a new theory to explain how and when the Appalachian Mountain range was created. Their research redraws the map of the planet from 420 million years ago.

I went to high school too. And was taught the same theories as everyone else. But the best theory, no matter how rational and logical it sounds, is still just a best guess.

Radiometric dateing is a fairly new science that is already making significant changes to our understanding of the geochronology of the earth. If it can be applied to the Appalachians then it could either validate the old school of thought, or my own admittedly preposterous idea.

Partial crater melt would be expected have much the same chemistry as the pre-impact material. With the exception of changes caused by the rapid heating. For example, Sedimentary rock would become metamorphic in an instant. As well as to soften up enough to fold nicely without cracking or breaking. My proposal does not refute any of the empirical data produced by chemical analysis of the rocks in the region. Only the interpretation of that data.

Also I'm not saying they are "worn down" as you say. I am proposing that they were formed almost exactly as you see them today by the energy of dozens of explosions like the Tungusta event of 1908. Each one many hundreds of times more powerful.

What kind detonation do you think you might see if you flashed a mountain sized iceburg to vapor in an instant? Think of the energy it would produce.Think it might soften things up a bit? Think about it. Then imagine 15 or 20 of those in rapid succession. The two biggest ones, at Marshal Ala., And Eastern Tennessee. actually struck the ground. The others exploded at the surface. And each of them was more powerful than the combined nuclear arsinals of the world. I was a bad day for North America.

I went to high school too. And was taught the same theories as everyone else. But the best theory, no matter how rational and logical it sounds, is still just a best guess.

Radiometric dateing is a fairly new science that is already making significant changes to our understanding of the geochronology of the earth. If it can be applied to the Appalachians then it could either validate the old school of thought, or my own admittedly preposterous idea.

As far as I know all the Radiometric data confirms the age of the earth and the mountains, if you have conflicting information please let us in on it.

Partial crater melt would be expected have much the same chemistry as the pre-impact material. With the exception of changes caused by the rapid heating. For example, Sedimentary rock would become metamorphic in an instant. As well as to soften up enough to fold nicely without cracking or breaking. My proposal does not refute any of the empirical data produced by chemical analysis of the rocks in the region. Only the interpretation of that data.

Your "proposal" violates all the empirical data of the region. There is no evidence of melt, no metamorphic rocks or signs of melt on the surface, the Appalachians consist mostly of sedimentary rocks that have been uplifted and are now being worn down. No evidence of surface melt I am aware of, if you have data to the contrary please share it with us.

Also I'm not saying they are "worn down" as you say. I am proposing that they were formed almost exactly as you see them today by the energy of dozens of explosions like the Tungusta event of 1908. Each one many hundreds of times more powerful.

What kind detonation do you think you might see if you flashed a mountain sized iceburg to vapor in an instant? Think of the energy it would produce.Think it might soften things up a bit? Think about it. Then imagine 15 or 20 of those in rapid succession. The two biggest ones, at Marshal Ala., And Eastern Tennessee. actually struck the ground. The others exploded at the surface. And each of them was more powerful than the combined nuclear arsinals of the world. I was a bad day for North America.

I don't think a mountain sized iceberg would flash to vapor, it would leave a huge crater. to such an object the atmosphere would be nonexistent. the Tunguska object was just a few hundred meters in diameter at most, it was not a mountain sized object and it's impact as just a few megatons, about the size of one nuclear weapon not entire arsenals. If the Tunguska object had been much bigger it too would have hit the ground and left a huge crater, only being made of ice or a combination of ice and rock and being small kept from doing so. A mountain sized object no matter what it was made of would not notice the atmosphere at all, no time to heat up and flash to vapor.

Nope. it doesn't violate any of the of the empirical data produced in the lab. Only the interpretation of the results. I'm well aware that I am taking shots at an old theory. I've been talking to the usgs and they say there isn't any evidence of melt or partial melt because no one has looked for it yet. He is checking for to find the right test for the idea. It seems that radiometric tests can date lavas. but not the apalachians