Science Forums

Operation Workout Powered Home

I am interested in how much energy a work out system could provide to power the electrical energy needs for your home.

Let's break this down into 3 categories.

* We should work out numbers of how much energy a home requires at various levels of operation. We could go with 1) dle demand, 2) moderate demand, and 3) maximum demand.

* Work out how much energy a person can generate in 3 levels of a workout over a 1 hour period. 1) light workout 2) moderate workout 3) extreme workout.

* Working on applications that can transfer human energy into potential energy for the house. In this category we should develope 1) Financial accessability 2) Potential for full body workout (ie, light, medium, and hard, muscle and cardio workout possiblities) 3) Unified system and portable stations (everything powers the same storage center but something like a workout bike can be moved throughout the home and "plugged in".)

I think it is possible that a person can meet the energy demands of a home on an average day with a manageable and enjoyable workout. I also believe that it would inspire people to exercise, because not only are you saving money (or even making money) while you work out but you are uplifting your health and getting in better shape.

So let's see where we can go with this. Good luck, and have fun.

I am interested in how much energy a work out system could provide to power the electrical energy needs for your home.

Let's break this down into 3 categories.

* We should work out numbers of how much energy a home requires at various levels of operation. We could go with 1) dle demand, 2) moderate demand, and 3) maximum demand.

* Work out how much energy a person can generate in 3 levels of a workout over a 1 hour period. 1) light workout 2) moderate workout 3) extreme workout.

* Working on applications that can transfer human energy into potential energy for the house. In this category we should develope 1) Financial accessability 2) Potential for full body workout (ie, light, medium, and hard, muscle and cardio workout possiblities) 3) Unified system and portable stations (everything powers the same storage center but something like a workout bike can be moved throughout the home and "plugged in".)

I think it is possible that a person can meet the energy demands of a home on an average day with a manageable and enjoyable workout. I also believe that it would inspire people to exercise, because not only are you saving money (or even making money) while you work out but you are uplifting your health and getting in better shape.

So let's see where we can go with this. Good luck, and have fun.

Most humans can generate about 1/2 hp for a duration of a few minutes. This is less than 400 watts. I'm not sure but I think my PC uses a sizable percentage of this power. To power an entire house even with out heating, airconditioning, or refrigeration would take more than the average human could provide even if you could keep it up non stop 24/7.

Human power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia