Science Forums

Comodo Internet Security Now Also Free

If you haven't heard of Comodo, this is about time. Comodo, for the last couple of years has been the most outstanding firewall for windows, more then simple port tasks, it notifies you of processes that access other processes, incoming and outgoing connections, and will notify you if it suspects something in the middle. This is a free product, for home and commercial users, absolutely 100% free.

Now then, i have just found out that they now bundle in an antivirus into their package as well, and that means that you can now get an outstanding firewall and a really good AV for free. It is much less a performance hit then Symantec suite, it protects you way better IMHO, if you are smart, it becomes a tad bit annoying when every time you launch an application, it prompts you to allow it or deny it, but for the annoyance, it assures you that if you have a process that sends out information, you allowed it to do so... similarly viruses, etc... i.e. makes your windows box much more secure...

I highly recommend at least giving Comodo a go, worst you can do, is not like it and uninstall it....

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, are you using comodo as the soul means of protection in windoes? or is it in conjunction with something else?

i'll answer for myself... i have 2 firewalls, and one stateful ips (constantly updated) that the traffic hits before coming in... other then that, comodo and hardened firefox are the only 2 things that protect the windows pc...