Science Forums

Are human beings immortal?

asimon2008

As human beings are we Gods because a Catholic my faith has a shaky foundation. My priest always talks about you must have faith in everything but for me i have a great question to ask: Is he saying for example that I must have faith to have sex, get a good job or with my common sense telling that I must now how to do these skills in life? Is faith an ignorant trait compared to the truth which is knowledge?

hi Asimon2008,

We need to separate faith from your ability to accomplish tasks.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, without evidence to support.

I can have faith that I will wake up in the morning, and maybe I wake up, or maybe no. Religion and faith are not equal: you can faith without Religion. As well as, I religiously get up in the morning and fix my coffee.

Religion is merely a set of rules and guidelines that may have or may not have Deity involved.

I can't tell you what your priest is saying.The important thing is what you are saying to yourself. Are you confident that you have the abilities to get the job? Then apply. They may hire you or not, based upon any number of reasons. But it is not based upon your faith in God.The outcome is random and not preordained.

What separates you from the rest of the applicants is that you believe in yourself.You will emit that confidence to others and likely land a good job.And of course, having adopted a healthy attitude about yourself will spill over into the rest of your endevours.