Science Forums

Blind spot

paigetheoracle

I thought Blind Spot was a dog that couldn't see but enough of the joking, what I'm here to point out and get opinion on is Blind Spotting in everyday life as a problem and the need to be aware of it and keep on top of it.

When I get tired, I notice that if I'm writing something that I can miss words or letters in the sentence. This I've realized is because I am so tired I slip into unconsciousness without noticing it and because I've rehearsed what I'm writing, think the version I see in my head has totally reached the page I'm writing in this world (The conscious one). This I believe also happens with physical actions and can lead to disaster or accusations against others that are totally unfounded, when we finally gain full consciousness because our memory hasn't recorded our previous activities, so that they are available to us as certainties. This in turn can lead to violent acts upon the innocent because we believe they are guilty, when it is our failed memory through tiredness that is the true culprit. :turtle:

This lack of consciousness is the real cause of innocent destruction, where we destroy something because we are not aware of its existence but others are because they are more awake to reality than we are: Destructive anger is different in that has motive and belief behind it, however misguided (semi-consciousness not total unconsciousness). It is suicidal despair based on realization of the disaster happening but not on its cause, leading to blame and accusations against others (guilt avoidance) or recriminations against the self (shame but not understanding, which would free us from self or other condemnation).:hyper:

This is why it is important to check your work, written or physical, and have fail safe devices/ back up plans for our actions - whether carried out before or when going into unknown territory (You can't know how to react in Terra Incognita but you can have at least withdrawal plans to suffer minimum damage and regather your strength/ learn from the experience and what it tells you about itself, for future attempts at going there).:turtle::wave2:

Funny how blindness is caused by light and cured by dark? (The attraction of opposites at work here?).

Maybe not? The Iberian mole has been found to have lost its sight as a degenerative condition (use it or lose it) or learned heredity.

Could it be that we need to withdraw to repair what we had but if we don't return to the forum, we lose our faculty for interaction permanently?