Science Forums

A theory of consciousness for Scientists

This is something of an update... I have, since I started this thread, reworked and completed a lot of what I had originally intended to do. The site covers my philosophical model for consciousness, includes a large section on how this model is directly reflected in the functional neuroanatomy of the brain, and a definition of the phenomenal perception of consciousness (though one really needs to have read everything that comes before to understand it thoroughly).

Again, I would be very appreciative of any criticism provided it is related to what I said and arguments are kept relevant. Since this is primarily a science forum, I would be grateful if anyone could give me feedback and point out any mistakes with the neurology I have added.

The main page is here: linky

And here are the pages that correspond the theory to the brain, though please bear in mind these pages shall be unclear without prior knowledge of the philosophy:

Senses

Action

Language

Memory

Please, enjoy and many thanks if you take the time to try and understand what I am gibbering on about ;)