Science Forums

AMD Rolls Out Their Radeon HD 4870 X2 Cards

The Radeon HD 4870 X2 sports 2GB of GRRD5 memory. It is capable of 2.4 teraflops of processing power from a pair of 750MHz GPUs and some 1600 stream processors.

First time in many years where ATI has outengineered NVidia, worth a read ;)

AMD rolls out new cards - vnunet.com

Oh oh oh, I want one :hihi: I don't know why I would want one but it sounds very cool, Why would I want one Alex?

Some people use their GPUs to process music FX. I'd imagine that this would be great for that! So what's the price?

i used mine to help my CPU compile :phones: and yeah, i'd love one of these as well :shrug:

about 300 bucks to answer you:

Newegg.com - DIAMOND 4870PE5512 Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

i used mine to help my CPU compile :eek: and yeah, i'd love one of these as well :phones:

about 300 bucks to answer you:

Newegg.com - DIAMOND 4870PE5512 Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

That's not the same card. The ATI site says that the X2 has 2GB GDDR5, but this one only has 512MB. :shrug: