Science Forums

Georgia gets allies in Russian cyberwar

alexander

Article from vnunet.com on what seems to be first open cyber warfare:

Georgia gets allies in Russian cyberwar - vnunet.com

So Alex, which side are you volunteering for? :hihi: I think the Russians are wrong in this one, like we were when we invaded Cuba. The idea of controlling satellite countries is wrong. Russians are far to paranoid of and less than respectful to small countries on their borders. At some point these little countries have to allowed to be on their own. Anything less is and will be disruptive to world peace as surely as the big guys slinging missiles at each other.

and there is something right in having militant groups from afghanistan and checniya come up to georgia, take over towns and pilage and rape Georgian people, while the government sits down and pretends they didn't know it happened? You know, i didnt think Soviet Union was right in taking over Afghanistan either, but there was something to be said for the taken over regions that for the first time in centuries experienced stability in their every day lives....

Then again, you have people that are convinced that Joseph Dzhugashvili (to you Stalin) was a tyrant and caused misery, etc, etc. I am once again not denying this, but i dont only look at bad thing, at least he controlled the country, it was stable, it was prosperous for those who stayed with the party, crime was low, organized crime was even lower, because he put most leaders that helped him to the throne, in jail...

So yea, there were bombing, yeah, i agree that more peaceful methods should be employed, yeah i don't think that Russia has right to call who controls Georgia, but dammit, don't leave Georgia as angel-type here, either...

and there is something right in having militant groups from afghanistan and checniya come up to georgia, take over towns and pilage and rape Georgian people, while the government sits down and pretends they didn't know it happened? You know, i didnt think Soviet Union was right in taking over Afghanistan either, but there was something to be said for the taken over regions that for the first time in centuries experienced stability in their every day lives....

Then again, you have people that are convinced that Joseph Dzhugashvili (to you Stalin) was a tyrant and caused misery, etc, etc. I am once again not denying this, but i dont only look at bad thing, at least he controlled the country, it was stable, it was prosperous for those who stayed with the party, crime was low, organized crime was even lower, because he put most leaders that helped him to the throne, in jail...

So yea, there were bombing, yeah, i agree that more peaceful methods should be employed, yeah i don't think that Russia has right to call who controls Georgia, but dammit, don't leave Georgia as angel-type here, either...

So there is no good guy in this hunt? Obviously I didn't know about the bad stuff but it's not exactly on the radar here either. If the Russians stop the rape and pillage then they need to be there but I am still suspicious of the motives of the Russians.