Science Forums

Solution to 'most' of our problems lies in cloning and something a little more

JoeRoccoCassara

Advanced gene therapy can cause mutations that cause the body to behave such as this.

Please support your claim, with links preferably, that advanced gene therapy can "make the body strong enough to adapt tons of movement from the slightest thought, you could make the body regenerate, fertalize, and strengthen the brain back to it's old self".

Advanced gene therapy can cause mutations that cause the body to behave such as this.

This is my point. If you're using "advanced gene therapy" (or whatever technology you're referring to) to get the body to do amazing things such as keeping the mind dementia-free and uncorrupted then why not just use that technology to keep the body uncorrupted and young? Brain swapping and clones would then be unnecessary.

~modest

This is my point. If you're using "advanced gene therapy" (or whatever technology you're referring to) to get the body to do amazing things such as keeping the mind dementia-free and uncorrupted then why not just use that technology to keep the body uncorrupted and young? Brain swapping and clones would then be unnecessary.

~modest

The mind could easily be corrupted, and driven mad, but it isn't impossible to stop the mind from losing any of it's potency from natural causes, but living that long could drive a person mad due to social events.

And you'd have to create a body with such mutations through an 'indosposed' host, if you will, one thats still being created in a reproductive system, because your body is done growing in that way, and it can't take as much change.

The mind could easily be corrupted, and driven mad, but it isn't impossible to stop the mind from losing any of it's potency from natural causes, but living that long could drive a person mad due to social events.

Think about getting old. Think about these two things:

1. Your bones break more easily than when you're young
  2. You cannot repeat a 10 digit number that someone tells you verbally

These are both effects of aging. Number one is because your body physically deteriorates and number two is because your mind physically deteriorates.

If your mind were capable of lasting forever, your body would eventually physically fail and you would die. If your body were capable of lasting forever eventually your mind would physically fail and you would die. In order to live a very long time (hundreds of years), you would need to address both these problems. Does this not make sense?

~modest

Think about getting old. Think about these two things:

1. Your bones break more easily than when you're young
  2. You cannot repeat a 10 digit number that someone tells you verbally

These are both effects of aging. Number one is because your body physically deteriorates and number two is because your mind physically deteriorates.

If your mind were capable of lasting forever, your body would eventually physically fail and you would die. If your body were capable of lasting forever eventually your mind would physically fail and you would die. In order to live a very long time (hundreds of years), you would need to address both these problems. Does this not make sense?

~modest

I understand.

But the body and the mind are connected, yes the mind controls the body, but the body can be altered to effect the mind from deteriorating by growing and regenerating stem cells, brain cells, neural networks, ect.

I'm saying it's possible to program a body by evolving/mutating it's natural aspects to make it more resilient to decay.

but the body can be altered to effect the mind from deteriorating by growing and regenerating stem cells, brain cells, neural networks, ect.

Yes, and when we develop that technology (the technology to keep the brain from physically deteriorating) then we could presumably use that technology to keep the body from physically deteriorating as well. This would make brain swapping and clones unnecessary. This was the first and only point I've made in this thread and I've repeated it like 4 times now.

~modest

Yes, and when we develop that technology (the technology to keep the brain from physically deteriorating) then we could presumably use that technology to keep the body from physically deteriorating as well. This would make brain swapping and clones unnecessary. This was the first and only point I've made in this thread and I've repeated it like 4 times now.

~modest

Wouln't work on a normal person,

you'd have to create a body with such mutations through an 'indosposed' host, if you will, one thats still being created in a reproductive system, because your body is done growing in that way, and it can't take as much change.