Science Forums

Federal Law Sets New Driver License Guidelines

nutronjon

National ID Card Is Now Federal Law and Georgia Wants To Help Lead ...Then, it would be up to the federal government to either approve or disapprove .... The new driver's license requirement mandating fingerprints for Georgia ...

National ID Card Is Now Federal Law and Georgia Wants To Help Lead the Way - 13k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

[PDF] Federal Law Sets New Driver License GuidelinesFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML

to reach all drivers,. nationally, during that. four-year period. Federal Law Sets New Driver License Guidelines. TRANSPLANT COMMUNITY MUST BE AT THE READY ...

http://www.unos.org/SharedContentDocuments/Jan_Feb08_MatterOfPolicy.pdf - Similar pages - Note this

USATODAY.com - National uniform driver's license law is 'nightmare'Jan 12, 2006 ... National uniform driver's license law is 'nightmare' ... remains unclear how much funding will come from the federal government and how much ...

USATODAY.com - National uniform driver's license law is 'nightmare' - 58k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

The Liberty Papers »Blog Archive » Federal Driver’s Licenses: The ...Jan 11, 2008 ... Federal Driver’s Licenses: The Government’s New Plan To Screw Up Your Life .... into cooperating with an illegal national drivers license. ...

The Liberty Papers Blog Archive Federal Driver’s Licenses: The Government’s New Plan To Screw Up Your Life - 64k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

News Articles / Media / Home - Coalition for a Secure Driver's LicenseThe law requires a driver license applicant to presents valid documentary ... compliance with the federal Real ID law that mandates secure driver's licenses ...

News Articles / Media / Home - Coalition for a Secure Driver's License - 26k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Any comments?

Any comments?

I recently got a new Georgia driver's license and was not asked for a fingerprint. :lightsaber2: Anyhow, they already have my fingerprints, taken in elementary school. That's much worse imho.

I also recently renewed my passport and was surprised to find a RFID chip embedded within it. I think it's cool! :alien_dance:

I recently got a new Georgia driver's license and was not asked for a fingerprint. :lightsaber2: Anyhow, they already have my fingerprints, taken in elementary school. That's much worse imho.

I also recently renewed my passport and was surprised to find a RFID chip embedded within it. I think it's cool! :alien_dance:

Well, I don't think it is cool to have to pay for a birth certificate and have to have find documentation of married name, and possibly go through the hassel of having to pay for copies of that too, just to renew my drivers license, and I may be wrong, but I think people are not reading the objections to this federal mandate. Like when did we agree the federal government should mandate this much control over individual lives? Do you realize all your rights as a citizen can be striped from you if your documentation isn't just right? You will not be able to function without the government being able to track your every move, and I may be just paranoid, but given this reality, why are spending 2 cents to defend the US?

Well, I don't think it is cool to have to pay for a birth certificate and have to have find documentation of married name, and possibly go through the hassel of having to pay for copies of that too, just to renew my drivers license, and I may be wrong, but I think people are not reading the objections to this federal mandate.

Driver's licenses are a privelage, not a right. Think of those fees as taxes.

Like when did we agree the federal government should mandate this much control over individual lives?

We've never agreed on this. It was a burning issue during the formative stages of our Constitution and it remains a burning issue today. The whole 9/11 event seems to have tilted human rights away from the individual freedoms and towards a more collective freedom. I oppose this, but I also fully understand and empathize with the motives for doing otherwise.

Do you realize all your rights as a citizen can be striped from you if your documentation isn't just right? You will not be able to function without the government being able to track your every move, and I may be just paranoid, but given this reality, why are spending 2 cents to defend the US?

I think you are being a bit paranoid. :lightsaber2:

Driver's licenses are a privelage, not a right. Think of those fees as taxes.

We've never agreed on this. It was a burning issue during the formative stages of our Constitution and it remains a burning issue today. The whole 9/11 event seems to have tilted human rights away from the individual freedoms and towards a more collective freedom. I oppose this, but I also fully understand and empathize with the motives for doing otherwise.

I think you are being a bit paranoid. :alien_dance:

I hope you hold judgement until knowing more about my argument. But I would also love to be proven wrong.

The new government mandates did not begin with 9/11. I wish my research skills were better. I remember when my banking business was between myself and the banker. There was no need to prove my Social Security and address. We didn't go around documenting all this stuff and showing ID. I work with elder people who have no understanding of carrying and showing ID, because their minds are weak, and in their memories people didn't have to this. The federal government mandated the banks require documentation before opening our bank accounts, before 9/11.

There is a lot to add to my argument, but it is time for me to get ready for work.