Science Forums

Effects of Chemicals on the body.

What are the general effects of the chemicals on the body?

That's a very general question. Water is a chemical, but so is morphine. Very different effects, wouldn't you say?

As for antipsychotic meds, most work by interacting with dopamine pathways of the body. There can be side-effects however. Ironically, one side-effect of antipsychotics is psychosis. Crazy how the body interacts with certain chemicals, huh?

With regards to Reservatrol, I know nothing about it, but I'm sure a google search would suffice. Wikipedia is also handy in a pinch:

Resveratrol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you.

Would someone tell me if a person ingested Insulin Growth Factor 1 if they would get the benefits?

YouTube - is the real hulk possible? http://youtube.com/watch?v=kfNCyZlVTtw

Is it possible after watching that video to modify the all the muscles with Insulin Growth Factor 1 and all at once? Like a fullbody virus that 'does'/'attacks'/implants muscles only ?

Use of insulin-like growth factor-I in muscle - US Patent 6723707

This one is the best one I've found

http://journals.cambridge.org/download.php?file=%2FPNS%2FPNS63_02%2FS002966510400045Xa.pdf&code=33ca00f6c7d0c40d968140bc4db80943

On the Insulin Growth Factor 1 subject.

Still could someone answer if it's possible to engineer a virus which attacks the entire skeletal muscular system and thereby increase the muscle mass ?

I mean this may be the supersoldier serum in the making here.