Science Forums

Wild and crazy idea

nutronjon

This goes with the wild and crazy idea in the computer science forum. It is an explanation of an urgent plan to change the consciousness of the bible belt before Bush bombs Iran. Here is the letter to the editor that I wrote hoping to get community support for this wild and crazy idea.

Dear Editor,

Shock and Awe did not make the world a safer place, but put both Korea and Iran on the defensive.

Shock and Awe has forced these relative poor nations, to put their national resources into nuclear development. Check the dates and see what came first, the evil of Bush, or the evil of those he calls evil, who are terrified of what the US will do next? Bush, represents the neocons, and their intentions are well stated at New American Century Project web site. The failure of Shock Awe and crippling economic crisis of the expense of this war, is well documented on the Internet as a failure in military theory, and therefore, very bad judgement of our leaders. Their design on the military domination of the mid east was established long before 9/11, and the neocon's website makes this clear.

It would be super great to do a 1960 thing, only this time take a peace bus through the bible belt, and change the consciousness of those who got Bush into office. Can we pull together the right people to pull this off? Would the Register Guard support such a thing, using the Internet to keep the Guard up to date. How about KVAL adding a camera, bringing home the reaction to the Peace Bus?

We have to break the bible belt out of the Bush, Cheney spell, before they repeat the evil of bombing innocent people and destroying their lives for generations. We can, if we pool our resources and act soon enough. Please, media and people of Eugene, help pull this off. Lives, and our own economy, depend on it. Church people, here is a real chance to oppose evil, before more innocent people are slaughtered by the neocon lust for power. Please folks, come together and make the Eugene Peace Bus tour a reality.

I could use organizational suggestions. Hopefully, the Ouakers are well distributed through the bible belt, because they historically have opposed war, and are the religion most responsible for the development of democracy in the US, and establishing democratic values and national values. If the Quakers will host us across the country that will resolve some major logistics problem.

There is long standing peace organization in Eugene, and they would make a good partner if I can interest them in the project.

Of course, I hope to establish good relationships with our locally owned and controlled newspaper and TV station.

Any other suggestions?

I think its a fantastic Idea.

This will take some fund raising so this is your first priority, the best way to do this is on the net, letters and phone calls, this will take volunteers,

the best place to start is with the universities.

Invite some celebrities to ride along to ensure the media does not ignore or down play the event.

Invite along a professional film crew and director to shoot a documentary that can be released to a wide audiences.

I think you may need to keep an open mind about the bible belt. I live in a rual community in Missouri and attend a Presbyterian church which would support this type of thing, also many methodist I think would be open to this.

I think its a fantastic Idea.

This will take some fund raising so this is your first priority, the best way to do this is on the net, letters and phone calls, this will take volunteers,

the best place to start is with the universities.

Invite some celebrities to ride along to ensure the media does not ignore or down play the event.

Invite along a professional film crew and director to shoot a documentary that can be released to a wide audiences.

I think you may need to keep an open mind about the bible belt. I live in a rual community in Missouri and attend a Presbyterian church which would support this type of thing, also many methodist I think would be open to this.

Thank you, I get overwhelmed with discouragement you my ideas are totally ignored, and so much as one other person willing to talk about the idea, encourages me to keep trying. I wasn't thinking in terms of making a documentary, but now I think I should. I was wanting to include Bill Moyer in some way.

For sure I am hoping to connect with churches and the path would be determined by the churches willing to do a pot luck and be a part of the movement. I really like your idea of not being too sure about the people in the bible belt, and do think a documentary to ask the question, are these people really as supportive of the war effort as us in the blue states think they are?

Can you suggest how I could better use the Internet to make necessary connections?

Next Tuesday, I will have to get adds up at the colleges for a volunteer crew. The community college and university have media departments. I should also prepare to sell something at the Saturday Market to raise funds and get attention. I sure wish I had a colorful van. I sent a communication to people associated with Ken Keyes Jr. He sold everything and did a peace bus thing long ago, and is known for books such as "the hundredth monkey" and is located on the coast, not too far where I live. If I could use his van, that would get attention, at least locally.

If I get some encourment, I might be able to pull this off.