Science Forums

New Age Information!

WOW! The internet is an amazing tool. I just reordered my scientic magazines and I have to tell you, I learn and hear more on this forum then in those mags. :)

What is the purpose of this post? Just a place for vintage persons like myself to express and show how lucky the current generation is as far as information sharing is concerned. And a place for the younger generation to post what they like and dislike about the current ease of information sharing.

A short support story.

I started holography back in the early 80's. Information was nearly impossible. All holographers were locked in their light tight labs and doing their own thing. It was a very struggling process to even find information on which type of lasers worked, which films to use, how to process those films etc. Today, I can "search engine" anything I may need to know and can pretty instantly find it. I may need to pay for a published paper but the information is at my fingertips in my home. Secondly I can read forums and post questions there and if the information is available, it is usually had.

So, I just want all you young whipper snappers to take 30 seconds to realize and ponder what you have at your fingertips, things that took us 100's of phone calls, reading 10's of books, going to near and distant libraries and a lot of trial and error. ;)

Peace,

JohnFP

My formal education is gerontology. That is the study of aging, and I am very excited about the potential for long lived people, who are history, to impact our shared consciousness, through the technology of the Internet. Many of us older folk appreciate learning more in our later years than our early years, and we very much appreciate the ease of access to this information, and the great advancements in knowledge in that have been made.

I like the way quantum physics and Eastern philosophy compliment each other, and came to this thread with a different expectation of what a New Age thread would be about. I wish all school children were taught to see reality with quantum physics consciousness. I think the Dawn of the New Age is the setting of Eve, and biblical explanations of why things are as they are.

The New Age is a consciousness so different from past consciousness, when the transition is complete, those of the New Age will not be able to relate to the thinking of those of the old age. We have to rethink everything from economics to international relationships. Everything pre-dating developed New Age consciousness, will be as the dark ages, a time of great ignorance and superstition.

The New Age is a time of peace, high tech. and the end of tyranny. Cheney and Bush are not New Age leaders, but old age leaders. The age of conquest and conquer is over, because either it ends or we self destruct. The future must be of a completely different consciousness than the barbaric wars of the past. Instead of granting third world countries our military technology, we should be granting them computers and the technology needed for making them work. We need to make every effort to get the world on line.