Science Forums

Hello

ldsoftwaresteve

Hi, I’m an aging software developer. I’ve been involved in digital theory all of my 35 adult years and I’m humbled by what I’ve been a part of.

I’m fascinated by the way we perceive and attempt to comprehend existence. To be more accurate, I’m fascinated by the impact of our beliefs on our ability to discern truth.

I’m interested in the concept of truth and in determining a way to describe what it actually means. On a gut level, we know what truth means. But try and describe it to someone else…

I’m also fascinated by blind spots, areas in which we have crippled our ability to see and comprehend existence. We look at the world through filters of our own making and spend most of our time being jerked around by the strings of our fallacies, like helpless puppets.

I think we’re at the bleeding edge of a theoretical revolution, a revolution that will change the way we look at everything. Now that won’t change the universe, it’ll only change the way we live in it.

Strangely enough, I think that the coming revolution will have a huge effect on mental health because the two things are related. Insanity, in all of its forms, presents as a disconnection between a persons perception of the world and the way it really is. Neurosis is a small gap, psychosis is a big one.

Truth isn’t determined by vote. If we all join hands and grunt really, really hard, and wish with all our might it changes absolutely nothing, except perhaps, our blood pressure.

So that’s part of who I am. Thanks for having me.

Truth isn’t determined by vote. If we all join hands and grunt really, really hard, and wish with all our might it changes absolutely nothing, except perhaps, our blood pressure.

Well put!

Thanks for your thoughtful introduction. You are very welcome to Hypography!