Science Forums

SNe Ia, Implications, Interpretations, Lambda-CDM...

coldcreation

All of this thread is based on the Hubble redshift. I have what I consider to be proof of tired light. Does the wavelength of light propagating into a gravity well get shorter? Yes, does the wavelength of light propagating out of a gravity well get longer? Yes, can the Universe be considered a gravity well? Yes.

Hi Little Bang,

I'm not sure whether your post belongs in this thread, the Redshift z thread, the Alternative Theory forum or Strange Claims.

This concept of yours seems to require a center of gravity, a gravitational well of some sort, located at the center of the universe preferably. Is that correct?

Note that this idea is not called tired light; which has been shown not to be wavelength independent, thus in conflict with observations.

This idea is something more along the lines of Ellis, G.F.R, (1977), where redshift z may be seen in terms of cosmological gravitational redshifts. And where the universe might be dominated by some form of ‘massive neutrinos’ in the form of ‘gravitational waves’ which would then be added to the mass energy content estimate, with a non-zero value for the cosmological term. Otherwise there seems to be not enough mass to cause the observed frequency shifts toward the red end of the spectrum.

In another way, frequencies are lengthened due to the gravitational potential of the constituents in the universe that produce spacetime dilation from our frame of reference.

Here is the entire reference: Ellis, G.F.R. 1977, Is the Universe Expanding?, General Relativity and Gravitation, Vol. 9, No. 2 (1978), pp. 87-94

It's not an easy publication to find. I was able to locate it an obscure library somewhere between La tour Eiffel and Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris. It was actually Halton Arp, after one of our discussions, that gave me the reference.

CC

CC, the link suggests your own semi static Universe can work but I'm not going to debate that issue because I don't know how you can get away from the infinite arm of gravity. Since in my opinion I have just shown the Hubble red shift to be invalid the Universe is not experiencing an accelerated expansion which means it must be slowing down or may have already started collapsing. This collapse also includes all the radiation from the BB which will loop around back to the point of origin somewhat like magnetic field lines. I realize the implications of what I say are devastating to cosmology and physics and will never be accepted but I"m not here to change science, I'm here to have fun.