Science Forums

Friends, Romans and countrymen

nutronjon

Warm greetings,

I must confess I stole my father's username and now wish I hadn't, because I am not sure I can honor him as much as I would like too. But my regular username, Athena, was taken, and in a moment of rash judgement, I stole my father's username. However, it is because of him that I am here. That is his love of science was transmitted to me, although when I came of age, girls didn't go into science careers. At least not his daughters, who were to be full time mother's and homemakers. So his genes for science laid latent in me, until I long passed the age for starting a career. It seems strange to me now to be so interested in science, and I regret I didn't realize this attraction to science sooner.

My father worked for NASA and played an important role in the Apollo moon landing. The name is a combination of neutron and John. I do not know the science he knows, but sort of make up for it being history. That is, my memories are what most of you consider history. It is sort of fun being history.

"How did you find Hypography?" I was googling something and google directed me to one of your threads. I read a few of the post, and although I am very busy, I like what I read so much, I plan to spend as much of spare time here as I can.

"What are your primary interests?" I don't think anyone could have a more fickle mind that I do. Book shelves line my walls covering just about every subject.

"Where are you lacking?" my understanding of physics is pathetic, and I hope to correct that. Because I do not have a formal education in math or science, I am very open minded, and am drawn to Pythagoras, ancient sacred math, the Mayan factor, and the blend of eastern philosophy and quantum physics.