Science Forums

Gamma and X-ray exceeds light in velocity: new Find

Gamma and X-ray exceeds light in velocity

- A major breakthrough in modern physics

My subatomic research into excited atoms of radioisotopes and XF sources, previously unexpored area of research has yielded many original findings.

The findings show that the velocity of electromagnetic radiation is inversely proportional to its wavelength. For example, UV exceeds infrared radition in velocity.

Similarly beta as wavefront with energy higher than that of UV exceeds UV in velocity

http://www.geocities.com/raomap/velocity.html

http://www.geocities.com/raomap/discovery6.html

This happens in free or empty space within excited atoms.

Prof.M.A.Padmanabha Rao

[email protected]

Lol. you can't understand it because it is gibberish.

Light speed is independent of velocity to the limits of current measurement. I don't exclude the possibility that there might be some variation that is so small it has only just been discovered but "inversely proportional to its wavelength"? No way.

The speed of visible light is measured at 300,000,000 meters per second. If this assertion was true then long radio waves (say 1 mhz) would travel at about 50cm/s.

Gamma and X-ray exceeds light in velocity

- A major breakthrough in modern physics

The findings show that the velocity of electromagnetic radiation is inversely proportional to its wavelength. For example, UV exceeds infrared radition in velocity.

Similarly beta as wavefront with energy higher than that of UV exceeds UV in velocity

This happens in free or empty space within excited atoms.

Excuse me for being presumptous, how is it this major breakthrough has slipped by all

these years, when all heretofore have vindicated SR to close to 9-10 digits or accuracy??? :)

I figure you aren't being so asinine to think this is true for all bands (ie, 50 cm/s for radio)

so what is unique about Gama rays that could have escaped discovery before. Is this a

possible Cold Fusion Hoax ??? :hihi:

Maddog

Lol. you can't understand it because it is gibberish.

Light speed is independent of velocity to the limits of current measurement. I don't exclude the possibility that there might be some variation that is so small it has only just been discovered but "inversely proportional to its wavelength"? No way.

The speed of visible light is measured at 300,000,000 meters per second. If this assertion was true then long radio waves (say 1 mhz) would travel at about 50cm/s.

Thanks for pointing out. Among the elctromagnetic radiations, my finding applies to nuclear and atomic emissions particularly to gamma, X-ray, optical radiations. Also applies to beta when viewed as wavefront, consideting only its energy.

My finding does not apply to radiowaves, because their means of generation differs from the above.

M.A.Padmanabha Rao

[email protected]

Excuse me for being presumptous, how is it this major breakthrough has slipped by all

these years, when all heretofore have vindicated SR to close to 9-10 digits or accuracy??? :)

I figure you aren't being so asinine to think this is true for all bands (ie, 50 cm/s for radio)

so what is unique about Gama rays that could have escaped discovery before. Is this a

possible Cold Fusion Hoax ??? :hihi:

Maddog

Thanks for pointing out. Among the elctromagnetic radiations, my finding applies to nuclear and atomic emissions particularly to gamma, X-ray, optical radiations. Also applies to beta when viewed as wavefront, consideting only its energy.

My finding does not apply to radiowaves, because their means of generation differs from the above.

M.A.Padmanabha Rao

[email protected]

Sounds very interesting, I wish I could really understand it.

After very careful scrutiny of my finding, I have chosen first this particular Forum for posting to know the reaction of esteemed viewers.

I am aware any new finding will take its own time for recognition.

Please go through the websites and offer your valuable comments,if any.

M.A.Padmanabha Rao

[email protected]

To play devil's advocate a bit here I might mention that some of the versions of what is now termed double special relativity or DSR do have a simular idea involved in them. However, the fact that you mention wave front, which should actually be termed wave packet suggests that the findings you have come across are more related to the phase of the wave packet than anything else. Its long been known that wave packets can show aspects which appear FTL. The group velocity of such always reduces down to one of C or less even though because of the wave packet spread forward regions of the packet can seem to be traveling ftl. Simular tricks can be done in what we call dispersion mediums where one can get even group velocities somewhat ftl or in some cases like with Bose-Einstein condensates even slowed to the point of not even moving. Some of these apsects can be found by running a simple online search under say Speed of light slowed down.

I would suggest that you do two things first:

1.) Check out DSR and some of the ideas involved to see if what you discovered might be related. If it is then I would suggest contacting the major researchers on those theories.

2.) Recheck what you have found and see if it might be phase related versus the actual group velocity of the wave packets.

I suspect you will discover its stemming from number 2 since I would suggest that the DSR researchers would have done experiments along simular lines to you're own by now and found the direct experimental evidence they are after over observational ones they have at present.

The others where correct that to date outside of certain high energy cosmic ray measurments the speed of light has been varified down to a nearly exact amount with no measurable variance within our ability at present to check such in our present vacuum state. The reason I mention the last is that there is some valid debate about it possibly varying over time.

To play devil's advocate a bit here I might mention that some of the versions of what is now termed double special relativity or DSR do have a simular idea involved in them...

Thank you Paultrr for your kind response. Thanks for suggesting the term ' wave packet' for 'wave front' . Your discussion mainly focussed on speed of light . I wish you should have made some valuable comments on the velocity of gamma, X-ray or electron as they also would show inversely proportional to wavelength.

M.A.Padmanabha Rao

[email protected]

M.A.Padmanabha Rao

[email protected]

So are you saying that a photon of a radio wave (radio band) is fundamentally different than a photon of

the gamma ray, X-ray, UV bands -- other than just frequency ??? By what factor is 400 nm than 28000 nm

(deep infrared) or 3 micro-meter (microwaves) ? Is this relation linear or nonlinear ? If they are different,

then is there more than one-kind of photon ? ;)

Maddog

So are you saying that a photon of a radio wave (radio band) is fundamentally different than a photon of

the gamma ray, X-ray, UV bands -- other than just frequency ??? By what factor is 400 nm than 28000 nm

(deep infrared) or 3 micro-meter (microwaves) ? Is this relation linear or nonlinear ? If they are different,

then is there more than one-kind of photon ? ;)

Maddog

I wish to confine myself limited to my experimental data and resulting interpretation. My claim does not include radio and microwaves, so I would not comment on these.

Since my claim is that "velocity of beta, gamma and X-ray depend upon wavelength in vacuum or free space as exists in excited atom, 400 nm is expected to travel 70 times faster than 28,000 nm. This needs further confirmation mainly from astrophysicists and radiological physicists. The idea of posting in this Forum is to have a lively discussion to know whether I commited any gross mistake . So please let me know your opinion further

M.A.Padmanabha Rao

What intrigues me is why 70 times and why this hasn't been discovered from all the speed of light

measurement experiments that have been done since the Michelson-Morely experiment done in 1884 ? ;)

What would you speculate why such a phenomenae could happen. Wouldn't this disagree with the

Standard Model of QM ? Is this relationship linear or nonlinear and either way, why ? :(

Have I missed something ??? ;)

Maddog

Of possible connection see: Kühne, "Possible Observation of a Second Kind of Light", R. W. Kühne, "Possible Observation of a Second Kind of Light", in: Has the Last Word Been Said on Classical Electrodynamics?, Eds.: A. Chubykalo, V. Onoochin, R. Smirnov-Rueda und A. Espinoza, (Rinton Press, Paramus, 2004, ISBN 1-58949-036-3), pp. 335-349.

What intrigues me is why 70 times and why this hasn't been discovered from all the speed of light

measurement experiments that have been done since the Michelson-Morely experiment done in 1884 ? ;)

What would you speculate why such a phenomenae could happen. Wouldn't this disagree with the

Standard Model of QM ? Is this relationship linear or nonlinear and either way, why ? :(

Have I missed something ??? ;)

Maddog

During Masters Degree I did Michelson-Morely experiment that infers the average speed of all wavelengths of optical radiation. My formula would not only clarify the difference in speed among different wavelengths of optical radiation but also a broad range of wavelengths or energies extending to MeV level for beta, gamma or X-ray.

Considering an arbitrary situation, one can compare velocity of 2 eV photon and 2 MeV photon (gamma or X-ray), beta or electron. Two MeV wave packet or photon would travel 1000 times faster than 2 eV photon.

"What would you speculate why such a phenomenae could happen."

My reply: I simply interpreted my experimental findings. My formulation may find applications in astrophysics to explain why light is detected subsequent to the detection of X-rays from Gamma Ray bursts.

At this stage, I may not be able to compare with Standard Model of QM

M.A.Padmanabha Rao

Of possible connection see: Kühne, "Possible Observation of a Second Kind of Light", R. W. Kühne, "Possible Observation of a Second Kind of Light", in: Has the Last Word Been Said on Classical Electrodynamics?, Eds.: A. Chubykalo, V. Onoochin, R. Smirnov-Rueda und A. Espinoza, (Rinton Press, Paramus, 2004, ISBN 1-58949-036-3), pp. 335-349.

Thanks for your reference. Please let me know which one of my study is comparable to second kind of light. Since you have taken considerable interest in my work, it would help if you can please go through my websites and pinpoint exactly.

M.A.Padmanabha Rao

To vindicate this whole idea a series of experiments can be done. Simply to redo an expanded version of the

Michelson-Morely experiments. With the current advent and technology of lasers, many viable frequencies

could be chosen.

I would start a about 440 nm (blue), 635 (red), 14400 (infrared) at the very least. You might pick some

more frequencies between 610-450 nm just to see relationship is nonlinear all along or start to behave

linearly towards sub-500 nm. Any variance in the speed of c would be determined.

The reason I am interested in variable speed of light is the ramifications toward the existance of Tachyons.

Maddog

• 3 weeks later...