Science Forums

Conspiracy Theory!

Is suppression rife in this society or is it personal paranoia?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is suppression rife in this society or is it personal paranoia?

• Yes, I know for a fact this has happened
    • No, this has never happened to me
    • Maybe (further research needed/information gained)
    • No, you're a talentless bum and that is why you're ignored

Last night after watching The Actors Studio about Sir Ian McKellan and his struggles as an actor over censorship, it suddenly clicked into place, after mentioning The X-Men, that my insights into how society works, plus my language books which make learning English so straightforward, not to mention my first UFO sighting and my school friends reaction to it, like the whole thing didn't exist or wasn't important - all indicate the wish to hide behind lies and ignorance, rather than accept the simple truth and step out into the bright and clear light of day.

All these years I thought, Why am I and my opinions/ works so unpopular? The simple truth is that society works on lies and I've been considered as an ill-mannered lout for bringing it up and revealing it in all its glory.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted "Maybe (further research needed/information gained)"

if there is a Conspiracy Theory then we can't talk about it :((the walls have ears) :) I think they are watching me now :D

:shrug: (The simple truth is that society works on lies) this is true, I lied this morning when the wife asked "Do I look FAT in this" you know the answer is hell no, or how about "how are you today" and the standard answer is "just fine" even if your Dog just died the point is people well tell you what you want to hear or don't want to talk about something that make them feel uncomfortable, Conspiracy Theory? I guess it just depends on your point of view.

Places to go things to do :)

• 1 month later...