Science Forums

Insane Pleader?

paigetheoracle

Is the plea of insanity in the case of the voices made me do it, valid?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is the plea of insanity in the case of the voices made me do it, valid?

With regards to voices, what I noticed as a personal experience is that when we are considered sane, it is because we have a single, integrated voice that comes out of our head into the outside world in a controlled manner as opposed to insanity, which is mob rule, internally i.e. mutiple voices fighting for dominance (control of personality) as rule disintegrates.

The body is a community of different organs, cells, atoms. When they don't act together in harmony, chaos ensues physically (illness) and confusion, mentally (mental illness): Think of roads as blood vessels - what would happen if 'individuals' decided that for a change, they'd change lanes and drive towards other vehicles instead of with them? Think of Governments or management, where instead of following agreed procedures, they all decided to shout each other down or implement new ways of doing things behind each others backs? The inner world reflects the outer and we have to see it that way to understand and bring about changes within and without for the sake of individual sanity and the continued survival of society (See Michaelangelics post (page 4) in the thread 'Are Older People Capable of Rational Thought?', paying particular attention to Adlers quote at the bottom and the articles on youth and sanity: Adolescents aren't sane in my opinion because they aren't aware of others (consequences) or able to control the impulses within them and that to my mind equates with both the criminal mind and the insane one.

Why suicide and following to pieces? (mental illness) Because they are going from the world of childhood and irresponsibility, to being plunged into the greater world and greater responsibility (awareness of what exists outside of their small circle of reality and their implications for interacting with that greater reality: Stage fright as opposed to audience reaction - no longer passive/nuetral but active/ positive, unless you opt out into violent resistance (rebellion) or insanity - 'I can't take control of the plane, I'm not here (latter) or don't want to be (former)'. One is mental self-sabotage and the other physical sabotage of society: Murder of the self or attack upon the other - I'm not adequate or the world as it exists isn't.