Science Forums

Macro-memeplex?

Glotesqyphon

OK.

So I've had this metaphoric model bouncing around in my brain since I first started reading about memetics.

Suppose every existent memeplex is like a room in a big palace. Each room is constructed of bricks, which are individual memes. We all hang around in one or a few favorite rooms, exposing ourselves to our favorite memes. We also are at all times carrying our own loads of bricks, memes all, adding a few here, a few there, subtly altering the structure of the memeplex in which we reside.

Got all that? Right. So.

The "palace" is what I'm referring to as the "Macro-Memeplex."

What I want to know is, in this virtual space we are contemplating, does anyone think that there may be a virtual "Emperor" that we create collectively? If he does exist, he certyainly must be cenile. :turtle:

There's still a certain degree of cement holding up the structure for all rooms... some commonality. The "emperor" would perhaps be the one who chose the room and which bricks to carry with them into it, with some level of involvement from the nature which forms the bricks themselves. :)

Interesting idea, and I like the visual it created within me. I'm curious what other posters think, and look forward to more exchange on the subject. :hyper:

:D:turtle: