Science Forums

Bacteria Cultivation

Micro-biology Scholar

Good call Freeztar.

Micro-biology scholar - presumably the reason Ronthepon had to make assertions in the first place is because while he's interested (as I am) in what you're saying, you haven't told us any specifics yet!

Would you be more specific on what exactly your findings were? How exactly did the bacteria adopt the charecters of the fungi?

I second that!

:eek:

First of all, Micro-biology Scholar, chill. I dont see why you should get so heated up.

You have misunderstood what I have

provided.

How? What have I misunderstood?B) I think that you might have grown strains of bacteria in the presence of antibiotic producing fungi, until you observed bacteria which were resistant to the antibiotics.(Or whatever chemicals the fungi produced)

No big deal, even I've done that in my biotech. courses. What you, a 'scientist' have done different is proclaim that the bacteria 'adopt' the charecters of the fungi, and I asked you how you found that out.

(And now I sorta doubt if you will ever tell me or not.)

Furthermore, you only know what you have been told-knowing that you are not a scientist allows me room to assert that you adhor anything that would abase what you have been told. Experiment with things, for they are not always as they are told to those who have no use for them.
And do you expect us to agree with you assertion blindly?

My findings are not enigmatic nor elusive. They can be acquired through measures of reason. Please, confront your own judgement, before you challenge mine.
Reason alone won't work things out. You provided one possibility, and I provided another. With the amount of proof that has been supplied from both sides, I believe that there's no reason to become steadfast on any of the two hypotheses. But that's the philosophy of science material. Not biology.

And er yeah, what I made wasn't a judgement, it was a speculation. I was waiting for you to give your iron coated, definite, solid proof on how you were so totally definite.

Now, will you please tell us how you found out that the bacteria adopt the charecters of the fungi?

Peace.

Abstract: Calm down and keep it civil

Full Article:

I am not a microbiologist and have little to contribute to this conversation, but I did want to point something out. These forums exist for people interested in science (professionally and as a hobby) to discuss and bounce ideas off each other. It is very rare that people come here trying to pick a fight (except those damn global warming deniers and the creationists). If your offended by something odds are you misunderstood what some one was trying to say or they misunderstood you. If you have to retrace your steps and the conversation to see where the misunderstanding occurred that would be a good idea. I however think I am correct when I state that rudeness is not acceptable here.

Abstract: Calm down and keep it civil

Full Article:

I am not a microbiologist and have little to contribute to this conversation, but I did want to point something out. These forums exist for people interested in science (professionally and as a hobby) to discuss and bounce ideas off each other. It is very rare that people come here trying to pick a fight (except those damn global warming deniers and the creationists). If your offended by something odds are you misunderstood what some one was trying to say or they misunderstood you. If you have to retrace your steps and the conversation to see where the misunderstanding occurred that would be a good idea. I however think I am correct when I state that rudeness is not acceptable here.

My blind rudeness is my folly:doh:. I apologize:). I am not ready to reveal my findings untill they are approved by my superiors at the Princeton Microbial Ecology Center. I hope this decision is respected:).

I proposed my discovery as something more. I proposed it as a medium for creativity. How far can you allow your imagination to explore the complexity of the world around you? Fear of miscalculation overpowers judgement and unfortunately greed for knowledge has stoped your minds from discovering the truths for yourself. I am dissapointed and have nothing further to assert.

How far can you allow your imagination to explore the complexity of the world around you? Fear of miscalculation overpowers judgement and unfortunately greed for knowledge has stoped your minds from discovering the truths for yourself. I am dissapointed and have nothing further to assert.

I certainly hope you are not reffering to any of us here when you say "your minds".

If you can not discuss your results, then why bring them up in the first place?

I certainly hope you are not reffering to any of us here when you say "your minds".

If you can not discuss your results, then why bring them up in the first place?

Your post is rude and unsupported. Here at hypo we enjoy freedom to talk as human beings, not artifical robotic cerebrums programed to make sure you hear what you want us to say.

Micro-biology Scholar said:

I am currently testing the evolutionary-time elapse process of bacteria.

This is currently being done by introducing a particular bacteria like Bacillius with a bacteria mod. like Penicillium notatum. Obvious the Penicillium notatum will kill a large amount of the Bacillius bacteria.

So we introduce constantly large amounts of Bacillius bacteria untill the Bacillius bacteria adopts characteristics of the Penicillium notatum.

This apporach has earned me 25,000 dollars.

Dose anyone have any question on the information I have provided.

(Italics added by me)

And later stated:

I am not ready to reveal my findings untill they are approved by my superiors at the Princeton Microbial Ecology Center. I hope this decision is respected

And to add insult to injury:

I proposed my discovery as something more. I proposed it as a medium for creativity. How far can you allow your imagination to explore the complexity of the world around you? Fear of miscalculation overpowers judgement and unfortunately greed for knowledge has stoped your minds from discovering the truths for yourself. I am dissapointed and have nothing further to assert.

And

Your post is rude and unsupported. Here at hypo we enjoy freedom to talk as human beings, not artifical robotic cerebrums programed to make sure you hear what you want us to say.

In response to a post that was neither rude nor said anything that struck me as even "supportable" in my mind, let alone unsupported.

I hypothesise that Micro-biology started this thread not to foster a discussion of anything particularly scientific but rather to say "I'm doing real science. This being an internet forum I am sure that everyone else here is stupider than me. Nyah Nyah. I'm better than you."

I know saying this may seem like asking for trouble but I think people should be addressed when they are being jerks.

Billg I happen to agree with you, but in the spirit of my previous post, if he is going to turn this into something hostile then just ignor him and he will eventually lose interest and go away.

Perhaps he does not understand that this place is about exchange of scientific ideas and thoughts. Perhaps he thought this was a place for pissing contests (which it is not). Regardless, just let him drift away. :)

Allow him to get the approval of his seniors, please. He might have made the initial post in a different state of mind, perhaps at the time he believed that he would have complete authorization to give details.

If he really comes with something definite and conclusive, I would certainly be interested in it. In fact, even if his results are disapproved, I'd like to know what exactly his hypothesis was.

• 2 weeks later...
Allow him to get the approval of his seniors, please. He might have made the initial post in a different state of mind, perhaps at the time he believed that he would have complete authorization to give details.

If he really comes with something definite and conclusive, I would certainly be interested in it. In fact, even if his results are disapproved, I'd like to know what exactly his hypothesis was.

Thank you, you will be the first to know.:turtle: