Science Forums

Golden Pod

Queso

I think its real.

If you look closely, you can see the reflection of people and structures and outdoors on the crysalis's. Looks to me like its a butterfly display, or hatching place/exhibit. Alot of those exhibits do attach the cocoon to a stick in rows like that with wax or something.

And on the right side crysalis, you can see the roof of the enclosure, and on the abdomine part of that cocoon, it seems to be a moth crawling around.

I think its real.

If you look closely, you can see the reflection of people and structures and outdoors on the crysalis's.

So?

Looks to me like its a butterfly display, or hatching place/exhibit.

I will trust you on this as I know you are quite knowledgeable with insects.

Alot of those exhibits do attach the cocoon to a stick in rows like that with wax or something.

That's what I'd call art (manmade).

And on the right side crysalis, you can see the roof of the enclosure, and on the abdomine part of that cocoon, it seems to be a moth crawling around.

You see a moth crawling around?! ;) :)

I wouldn't be surprised if the shells/coccoons/chrysalids are real, ie not altered by man in any way. Many insects exhibit a metallic sheen.

I guess the jury's out for right now...