Science Forums

Is it true that doing Biosciences at Uni isn't worth what it costs for the course?

gribbon

I'm in a real rush right now so sorry if there are a few typo's...:turtle: :turtle:

As you probably all know, the U.K really does suck for students, as virtually everyone has to pay a fortune for courses which consist of only a few hours of tutition a week. I still have to do my GCSE's, but I like foreward thinking, especially seeing as I've been a bit of a failure thus far. But surely by achieving higher qualifications one can get higher payed jobs that pay off what it costs to train? I saw a series of bar charts somewhere which showed that the higher the qualification (Honours, Bachelor, Master, PHD), the more one is paid, with those doing PHD's earning nearly double those who had just completed Biosciences degrees. But the trouble is that there are so many contradictions of this. Other sources claim that studying Medicine/Biosciences/Pharmacy etc beyond degree level actually costs more than is returned. Is this true?

Thanks...:)