Science Forums

Do Flash Games Have Potential?

I was arguing with my friend about this. I think that Flash games have the potential to be maybe as good as Playstation, but that's it.

There have been some good games like Ultimate Flash Sonic but I don't programmers will spend that long on a Flash game. Flash games are typically free and nobody is willing spend that much time.

There are also games like Runescape which is a good java game but the graphics don't even come close to Playstation.

Flash games have the potential, i've played very cool looking flash games in the past, i wont try to find them now, but i'm sure tha if you go to shockwave.com and try to find some games on their website, you'd be amazed at some graphics and physics that they were capable of producing for flash. Not to mention Radical Aces, a very cool flight simulator, i just cant remember whether it was flash or java, i dont think it matters in this case, i think that you are trying to figure out whether or not online games of the future will be at least as good as PS1 games, i say that some of them are, but i can see some potential in that area for the future...