Science Forums

Are there more effective drugs than Methadone at breaking Heroin addiction?

gribbon

Gribbon, I'm sorry to hear about your childhood. I don't think I can comment much on drugs. :( I've never used any illegal drugs, although meth, marijuana, and drunkenness from alcohol are becoming increasingly problematic in my area. Meth, in particular, is the worst of these. In the past year, there've been a lot more robberies and break-ins in homes by meth addicts, and also broken families due to mothers getting hooked on meth. It's used by a lot of women here to lose weight after having had so many children. Meth seems to disfigure people as well, causing them to look anorexic, extremely old (I've seen before and after pictures, where young people look like they've aged 20-30 years, with wrinkles and poor skin tone), tired, and wasted.

In general, you may want to look at maintaining your health and mind by exercising, eating well, and trying to live your life to its fullest and engaged by what you love. It takes great courage to love and live life as we would, but the struggle yields infinitely precious rewards.

Many times in life we'll find ourselves confronted by difficult problems, sometimes ones which will never go away entirely. We must make do as well as we can. Have faith in yourself. :hihi:

I have memories of being bullied when I was younger, although I never suffered as much as you did. That's terrible what happened to you. I sometimes got into fights with other kids when they picked on me for looking Asian. I didn't look like them, and they didn't know how to deal with it. I live in a mostly white area. I am half white. That didn't matter. Didn't stop people from calling me names or trying to knock my teeth out in gym classes. I didn't know how to deal with it then. Things move on, people move on. I don't blame them now.

Though I can't go into it here, I have problems with my mother's family. It's unfortunate that the worst people I know in life, my own worst enemies, are related to me by blood.