Science Forums

Is America crazed over the love of technology?

clapstyx

Old books discuss how the British Empire lost the plot because it became crazed in the pursuit of power and gold. I think that there is a case to say that the fixation that many countries, not just the US, has with the next gushing spree of technology and commerce is blinding them. To me it looks like hypnotism because they buy it up and then in 2 years it doesnt do what it was bought to do and they buy another version, and it becomes redundent or is designed to break down at about the time you would expect a regular person to lose the proof of purchase. Are thes implements actually making life anywhere near as wonderful as the commercials for them suggest. I dont have any free time surplus because of them. In fact I spend more time busting my back to earn the money to keep up and dont actually have any free time when I am not completely exhausted from the experience. You know just once I would like to walk down the street I live in and know I can pick a piece of fruit off a tree in my neighbours front yard and know that its OK and it didnt cost me a cent. Greenhouse affect friendly.