Science Forums

Rubber Band Powered Car

Hi. For a drafting class, our objective is to make a rubber band, motor, or mouse trap powered car. I have decided to use rubber bands because they would most likely make it go fastest. Now, here is the objective: There is a long piece of wood, approximately 3 meters long. You start your car on one side of the wood, while your opponent starts his on the opposite side. The object is to deliver a ping pong ball into a hole that is in the middle. Your delivering device cannot be activated until the halfway point between the start and the hole. Right before the hole, there is a piece of wood, approx. 15 cm high. That is usually used to activate your dropping device. Also, you can have an attacking device to slow the opposing car or to block the hole. I can use ANY MATERIALS that I want, but I was just wondering if I could get some suggestions.

Boy this is a popular topic here at Hypography. Check out all these threads:

Always a good idea to try the search page here before opening a new thread to see if the information you seek is already here! Feel free to open a new thread if you've got a different angle though.

Good luck!

All twisty,

Buffy