Science Forums

Practical knowledge discussion

arkain101

I understand the rules of this forum and will abide by them.

I wanted to have a rational discussion the practical knowledge that is contained in the books that religions come from, without actually discussing those books themselves, nor any of the actual lines in it or even mentioning god.

What use does these books really have in our lives and for our world with religion, faith, god and verses entirely out of the discussion? As so we can create an enviroment where a rational discussion can take place and so we can as people find understanding in one another. I've been seeing such a mass confusion, misinterpratatoins and things like this. Religion is such a huge part of our world that I think we must discuss it as a whole, but I want to do so in such a way that it is not preaching but discussion on what seems to be logical sense. Such as discussing government systems almost.

Lets start with practical knowledge talked about on behavior.

I found this to be a message that came up alot:

Consctructive behavior is more effective than destructive behavior for creating progress, prosparity, and peace in our lives as a people.There is all kinds of destructive behaviors. Such as murder, alcohalism addictions, rape, unkindness.Being kind to people, having manners, can generate positive effects.

The ajenda I found for having good behavior was so that we could find undrestanding and peace amongst eachother in order to sustain prosperity and wealth to share and teach. Eventually so humanity can learn how to work together on a mission instead of meet head on in a competition. Our old instincts and human nature seem to cause us to be quite competitive.

Competition works for those that have no other tools than violence to solve problems.

For example, a pack of wolves compete in order to strengthen their chances at survival. By the strongest leading the pack they breed and create the strongest offspring which furthers the chances that they will survive as a pack and a species. But in their nature we see that they accomplish very little because they work in such small groups and compete all the time and must be tough to take down animals as preditors.

However, if we look at insects such as ants they do not compete as much as they work together and they create massive colonies and generate great success as a species. True they have a pecking order, but when you consider their individual size, and the scale of their accomplishments in such a short time its quite obvious they do well.

So I would agree that constructive behaviors can have a good purpose. Because we are intellecutal advanced and use words and communication we no longer need to compete with action. It is in our potential to cooperate and be constructive .

Another Theme in these books (bibles)

Fasting, (not eating) ?

The message is that we should fast at least a few times in our lives, or even from time to time in order to develope compassion for those that DO starve not by choice but by mistfortune.

Which makes sense to me. If we get stuffed with food and all the food we want all our lives we may not "UNDERSTAND" what it is like to NOT have food.

So just imagine for a moment that tomorrow when you wake up there will be no food in your life for 1, 2, or even 3 days. Scary thought isnt it?

If we actually do stop eating for a given period of time, that is in our comfort zone, will we develope a compassion for those that are truly starving that we may not aquire any other way? Will this act cause us to understand how to be more giving and ACT on issues that are at our REACH?

It seems this usefull lesson which can help us as a people, has been turned into a ritualistic sacrifice, to inflict suffering on yourself in order to become more holy. However, all that stuff aside, it does appear to have a logical purpose and practical cause. As long as you do it in your zone of comfort in order to learn. Would this help us?