4 replies to this topic

#1 Mpossum

Mpossum

Thinking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 01:50 PM

So, I am an amateur scientist. I have written 2 books, and I am far from perfect, but I just wanted to bring up something silly, but something I have not yet heard spoken about.

So the silly thing is the biomimetic relationship between higher organisms with brains, and plants.

Well, isn't it a no brainer that it sure looks like plant roots are to mammalian brains as plant testes/sexual organs are to mammalian sex organs? Similar to an upside down man, with his neural network in the ground, and his testes, or her flower upstairs.

I don't know, but I came across this idea a few years ago thinking about plants, and I haven't seen this idea out there anywhere as of yet.

#2 Mpossum

Mpossum

Thinking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 03:21 AM

If I made that too difficult sounding. Our brain is the roots, and our private is the flowers. Even our arms and legs are the leaves, or branches. I'll even go so far as to say that we are moved by the wind, and it is a moving that helps us, physically and emotionally.

(Why our brain would be the roots is simple here. Our brain is situated there specifically because the flower is situated at the other end. It's politically correct).

#3 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1480 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 04:09 AM

If I made that too difficult sounding. Our brain is the roots, and our private is the flowers. Even our arms and legs are the leaves, or branches. I'll even go so far as to say that we are moved by the wind, and it is a moving that helps us, physically and emotionally.

(Why our brain would be the roots is simple here. Our brain is situated there specifically because the flower is situated at the other end. It's politically correct).

What the hell :) Dont make me regret this :) 

Some people think with there genitals rather than there brains, does this upset your argument :) 

Another view could be 

1 ) The plant is a none thinking organism, which can be affected via chemical responses from other plants. The roots fed on manure can feed other plants, if they are connected, same species i think!, Some tree stumps stay alive being fed by neighboring trees for centuries.

2) Your average human is a none thinking automaton, which can be affected by multiple responses from other none thinking automatons. Humans need to feed, and if fed on manure they talk manure:) If they communicate with each other, they can affect the understanding of other humans, and other species. Some people in vegetative states are kept alive by other none thinking automatons. 

Are 1 and 2 above equal ?

Or :) 

Maybe since all things are connected to a certain extent the entire universe can be viewed as one big living thing! 

#4 Mpossum

Mpossum

Thinking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 05:51 AM

Lol, naw, I know how it sounds. I'm saying connectome/Neural network = Brain, and flower = mammalian sex organs. Like an upside down mammal. Like a natural, biomimetic inversion of some sort.

#5 Mpossum

Mpossum

Thinking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 05:54 AM

Yeah, also, kids are hating people, and I think stuff like this. Well, I wanted to. And, now it's just there, and I guess maybe it's just awful an idea I suppose. Lol.

Edited by Mpossum, 05 August 2020 - 05:54 AM.