Science Forums

Patent Filing Expenses

balagna

Basically I wouldn't recommend filing a patent it is a waste of money, companies will not buy your ideas they will just wait for the patent to run out in my experience. If you are already selling the product and wish for people not to make your product without your permission then I would recommend getting a patent. From what I understand even in the US, Europe, and UK if you don't have the money to file a patent then you are out of luck. So first try selling your product if it sells then file a patent otherwise I wouldn't waste my time under US law at least you have 1 year before you must patent a idea or product, if anyone within the first year uses your idea you can still in court sue them. So, trial your product for one year then patent it if it seems lucrative. As for me I didn't do that and did a block seize of the patent office however that ended up costing me quite a sum of money but now I have dicked people for 20 years from using my patents, but like no company will buy ideas or designs, however they will buy a product. If you just want to pull a dick then patent your ideas for 20 years people can't use them,however it will cost you money.

Edited by VictorMedvil

the products I invent,in my opinion,are useful. but as you see I am not in the position to speak so much big (e.g. I cannot speak instead a big company )

some points you tried to underline has not been understood (e.g. what did you with the quotation given below

companies will not buy your ideas they will just wait for the patent to run out in my experience.

for instance did you mean that they would use that inventions in some different ways (to legalize the usage) or did you mean that they would use that product without your permission?

If you are already selling the product and wish for people not to make your product without your permission then I would recommend getting a patent.

what is the exact recommendation here: are you suggesting to trade/sell something ? (I understand that you recommend selling/trading and if this success,then patent.

but we need to take in account that ,we cannot sell the things that we did not invent and are new. or I am still lacking.

at least you have 1 year before you must patent a idea or product , if anyone within the first year uses your idea you can still in court sue them. 

this is known,yes. also as I know,the time we should wait should be more. 

So, trial your product for one year then patent it if it seems lucrative. 

as the current case,I have applied to tpe, they sent me a report yesterday ,that it was suitable for its formatting requirements. 

thus, now, they are asking to me to send it for research ,presumably after this stage (if this also be succesfful) then the examination will be a case.

but I can't be sure what the recommendation from the above sentence should be understood(?) (so,what to do now)?

As for me I didn't do that and did a block seize of the patent office however that ended up costing me quite a sum of money but now I have dicked people for 20 years from using my patents, but like no company will buy ideas or designs, however they will buy a product. If you just want to pull a dick then patent your ideas for 20 years people can't use them,however it will cost you money.

tpe explains the fees in the process here: https://www.turkpatent.gov.tr/TURKPATENT/fees/informationDetail?id=112

some external fees are explained here : 

1) https://www.turkpatent.gov.tr/TURKPATENT/resources/temp/59A00870-0134-4613-8132-E41E7227400E.pdf

2) https://www.turkpatent.gov.tr/TURKPATENT/resources/temp/E5435D16-E94C-44F9-80B3-9B0496765C59.pdf

and here are some clues that might help me to decide what to do or to ensure you to be able to make some more understandable comment.

1. I am teacher here in turkey and really the salary is not high. at least to make a meaningful drawing among the sentence: the salary is not parallel to the fees appearing above

2. I am independent researcher, currently I have not been willing to be affiliated with any university. I rejected many invitations. 

3. Turkish (existing) laws are againts to trade for officers (e.g. here teachers, academics and other officers)

Edited by balagna

the products I invent,in my opinion,are useful. but as you see I am not in the position to speak so much big (e.g. I cannot speak instead a big company )

some points you tried to underline has not been understood (e.g. what did you with the quotation given below

for instance did you mean that they would use that inventions in some different ways (to legalize the usage) or did you mean that they would use that product without your permission?

what is the exact recommendation here: are you suggesting to trade/sell something ? (I understand that you recommend selling/trading and if this success,then patent.

but we need to take in account that ,we cannot sell the things that we did not invent and are new. or I am still lacking.

this is known,yes. also as I know,the time we should wait should be more. 

as the current case,I have applied to tpe, they sent me a report yesterday ,that it was suitable for its formatting requirements. 

thus, now, they are asking to me to send it for research ,presumably after this stage (if this also be succesfful) then the examination will be a case.

but I can't be sure what the recommendation from the above sentence should be understood(?) (so,what to do now)?

tpe explains the fees in the process here: https://www.turkpatent.gov.tr/TURKPATENT/fees/informationDetail?id=112

some external fees are explained here : 

1) https://www.turkpatent.gov.tr/TURKPATENT/resources/temp/59A00870-0134-4613-8132-E41E7227400E.pdf

2) https://www.turkpatent.gov.tr/TURKPATENT/resources/temp/E5435D16-E94C-44F9-80B3-9B0496765C59.pdf

and here are some clues that might help me to decide what to do or to ensure you to be able to make some more understandable comment.

1. I am teacher here in turkey and really the salary is not high. at least to make a meaningful drawing among the sentence: the salary is not parallel to the fees appearing above

2. I am independent researcher, currently I have not been willing to be affiliated with any university. I rejected many invitations. 

3. Turkish (existing) laws are againts to trade for officers (e.g. here teachers, academics and other officers)

Edited by VictorMedvil

oh, I contacted to one company in the relevant area,and they replied.

they request the file number I applied to tpe,and say "we will assess and revert back to you"

I had requested an undefined amount of fee because of copyright in my previous e-mail

Edited by balagna

oh, I contacted to one company in the relevant area,and they replied.

they request the file number I applied to tpe,and say "we will assess and revert back to you"

I had requested an undefined amount of fee because of copyright in my previous e-mail

Your copyright may be a stronger protection than a patent. Consult an attorney/barrister/lawyer/etcetera. Best of luck.

Your copyright may be a stronger protection than a patent. Consult an attorney/barrister/lawyer/etcetera. Best of luck.

mmm, many thanks for your wish about me.

and may I ask,what is the difference between copyright and patent,

because as I know patent ensures / contains copyright already

thererfore it seems the expression you provide here means one of these given below

** copyright description is different and not relevant to patent

** copyright description is different but related to patent

** pct/epct

** copyright description and patent are different two descriptions.

Your "copyright" may be a stronger protection than a "patent." Consult an attorney/barrister/lawyer/etcetera. Best of luck.

oh, today I have learnt that "copyright" and "protection by patenting" were two different processes. interesting. 

one of them is being provided by patent institute(s) another one ,by culture and tourism ministry here.

meanwhile, one patent application sent to research.

Edited by balagna