Science Forums

In The Beginning

pittsburghjoe

Do the pairs have to be those particular pairs to touch to annihilate? Does matter and antimatter have to be of the same element to annihilate?

What I'm asking is: Are their requirements for Matter and Antimatter to annihilate each other?

Yes it has to be the same elements. Not only this, dark matter is not visible while Antimatter is. Do you see the problem here now? Edited by Dubbelosix

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moreover, dark matter is so named, because it does not interact with light under dark matter particle paradigm. But this is only one class of theories and may have nothing do to with an unseen force. Strong evidence supports a cosmic wiring which may be able to produce long range gravitational effects, or a type of binding. We have detected no dark matter particles and they should be around. They also disappear from the cosmic radar only 4 billion years into the universes evolution when particle models insist that it should have been around since the beginning.

As you know, I advocate local gravitational physics from inside the galaxy with the supermassive black hole playing the primary role in most cases. There is actually abundant evidence for this and other circumstantial evidence which unusually is appealing.

Edited by Dubbelosix

They assume the big bang was pure energy and because of that it created matter and antimatter, correct? They don't know why it wasn't an even annihilation ..what if that pure energy started in a preexisting quantum realm that had dark matter already in it? Dark Matter did something to offset the 100% annihilation.

They have some good ideas as to why, for instance, look up CPT violations, which is actually an observed violation of conditions set in special relativity. A Lorentz violation of this type strongly indicates a preferred reference frame, but that reference frame I suspect is no longer measurable from our reference frames. For instance, a preference over Antimatter could result from a primordial spin, meaning if the universe had spun early on, it had a preferred chirality.

The big bang didn't see any matter/antimatter annihilation in modern-day galaxy volumes. They coexist. Dark Matter is Antimatter and the reason for quantum fluctuations.

If there was any annihilation it would be what we see today as voids.

You guys never ask yourself what the requirements/conditions are for matter/antimatter annihilation.

If we assumed Dark Matter was all around us ..does that now mean Antimatter is all around us? Maybe it is impossible for Antimatter to clump together to be any larger than a virus and become naturally observable. Don't judge me on this: but is antimatter quantum waves for real matter? How about when a wave goes through both slits of a double slit experiment ..maybe one of them is an antimatter wave? That would really piss some people off. I'm entering the twilight zone here: what if pure energy doesn't create matter/antimatter pairs, but matter/matter-wave pairs? I'd say that would give a galaxy the extra mass dark matter is claiming to give. And we could say this is why matter waves have mass.

Why do we assume the big bang created matter/antimatter?

What if pure energy doesn't create matter/antimatter pairs, but entangled matter/matter-wave pairs?

Duality is then literally two separate entities. When something becomes observed, the matter-wave becomes one with the particle it "represents".

I'd say that would give a galaxy the extra mass dark matter is claiming to give. And we could say this is why matter waves have mass.

I'm not sure if it means everything is twice as heavy as it should be or not.

There is the other idea that the matter wave partner is not connected in any way and just gets dumped in a sea of matter waves in the quantum realm (a fog of dark matter).

Because we experimentally know, from collision experiments, that the combination of two photons give way to the creation of a particle and an anti particle. The only exception are particles that are their own antiparticles, a photon loosely can be thought of being its own antiparticle. Thelaws of physics is expected to be the same when the universe, when just a ball of hot photon gas, too gave way to particles and antiparticles, but clearly this is wrong. Why itis wrong could be for a number of reasons, I suggested a preferred frame which is no longer observable but can be extrapolated from good reasons based on physical phenomena. CPT violation is a mathematical framework that attempts to explain that assymmetry between particles and antiparticles would give rise in more matter than Antimatter, but because they were made in equal amounts, why there is still an excess of matter over Antimatter appears to suggest there is more to the picture. The Antimatter leftover debate may also suggest that the hot big bang was not all there was, and I have suggested 1extended mathematically sound models for pre big bang phases which by all accounts, makes the origin of big bang a cold one.