Photo
- - - - -

Should We Believe In A Timeline Paradigm?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#18 Mattzy

Mattzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:57 AM

Einstein comes to the rescue with his nonsensical statement that time is what clocks measure. Time and clocks are no more related than coffee being defined as something cups measure. When you slow a clock or a metabolic rate with cold are you slowing time or just a clock? Sure a wood frog goes into hibernation and the entire winter looks to him like time was stopped. The temperature has reduced the amount of change so if you now define time as the amount of change, your lowering of the temperature must have affected time itself. It hasn't. The assumption is wrong because if the time rate is based on the amount of change, there would be slow and fast rates of time interspersed all over space and there is absolutely no evidence of that. Does time move slower in Arkansas than it does in L.A.? I showed in the other thread how the speed of light (not clocks) is intimately related with the rate of time and the universal max rate of information transfer which regulates amount of change not vice versa. The facts from this assumption are consistent when the doppler shift ratio shows apparent rates through time outside the norm. You`re more arguing time is controlled by how many angels can dance on the head of a pin and while that`s fascinating to the wiki crowd, it`s not to the thinking crowd.

PS. And Einstein's other ideas on time that it is just another coordinate dimension of space with no flow or direction, that past, present and future all exist concurrently and that there are infinite personal perspective presents are a testament to how wrong he was about everything.

I think Einstein was making the same point (but briefly) about time. But he was asking the community to re-conceive and consider spacetime as a new concept. I ask again about your transfer rate: The doppler shift marks the rate of change in distance - but its not important. The outgoing rate of info is the same as the incoming rate (the max rate of transfer - as you say) so the max transfer rate is fixed by the speed of light. Is that what you are saying?