• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#18 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • 1054 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:50 PM

Well, basically as Energy-mass falls into the Blackhole part of the Energy-mass gets ejected due to the spin because as dubbel said the speed of the spin is only slightly less than the speed of light thus the spin force throws it out due to pressure of the Energy-Mass plus the spin of the Blackhole, it is like swirl around a cup of water then when the water spills out the top. The spin causes the water level on the sides of the cup to rise and pressure to be put on the sides of the cup.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 21 March 2019 - 09:52 PM.

• hazelm likes this

#19 exchemist

exchemist

Creating

• Members
  • 2488 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:34 AM

Thanks for the review.  I was wanting a farther back source but the review fits in.  From Big Bang via gravity to black hole.  Does that make sense? 

More or less, yes.

By the way, thinking about this some more, I should add there are other ways for gravitational potential energy to be converted into electromagnetic radiation more directly, near the edge of a black hole.

There is something called "synchrotron radiation", in which charged particles drawn in by gravity encounter a magnetic field from the black hole and are thereby caused to move in a circular trajectory. This causes them to emit EM radiation. This mechanism is in fact proposed for "jets" of EM radiation seen in astronomy. More here: https://en.wikipedia..._in_astronomy  

Edited by exchemist, 22 March 2019 - 02:35 AM.

• hazelm likes this

#20 hazelm

hazelm

Explaining

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:29 AM

Thanks to all of you.  I have gotten behind this morning but just read this entire thread.  I think I understand now.  There was an interesting item at Science Daily this morning that I want to post when I get an instant.  Reading this thread reminded me of it.  Later.

#21 A-wal

A-wal

Creating

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:17 AM

POLLY! :)

#22 Dubbelosix

Dubbelosix

Creating

• Members
  • 2443 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:45 AM

And those "short bursts from the poles" are what the article is about.  Yes?

yes.

#23 Dubbelosix

Dubbelosix

Creating

• Members
  • 2443 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:47 AM

More or less, yes.

By the way, thinking about this some more, I should add there are other ways for gravitational potential energy to be converted into electromagnetic radiation more directly, near the edge of a black hole.

There is something called "synchrotron radiation", in which charged particles drawn in by gravity encounter a magnetic field from the black hole and are thereby caused to move in a circular trajectory. This causes them to emit EM radiation. This mechanism is in fact proposed for "jets" of EM radiation seen in astronomy. More here: https://en.wikipedia..._in_astronomy 

This radiation comes from the accelerated charges in the accretion disk and will of course supply a lot of energy coming from a black hole contributing to the luminosity of the quasar.

#24 hazelm

hazelm

Explaining

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:36 PM

yes.

Thanks.