Science Forums

Similarities in homosexuals - genetic?

geokker

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that there are natural gays and lesbians, but there are also unnatural gays and lesbians created by culture. As a hypothetical experiment, picture if humanity decided to totally enbrace homsexuality, such that everyone became gay. In 3-4 generations humanity would no longer exist and would become extinct. The natural imperative called, survivial of the species, would not let this happen. It would gradually create a backlash where male-female sexuality would return to restore balance for species survivial. As the pendulum swung further, the so-called homophobes would be leading Mother Nature's call to resist extinction and restore natural balance.

The natural gays are those, who are who they are, even without being told. The unnatural gays are due to cultual programming. The natural homophobe is trying to help the species survive so he doesn't want to destroy another human, he seeks survival for all. Those who like to destroy others are expressing unnatural behavior to balance another version of unnatural behavior, ie., culturally created homosexuals.

I believe that there are natural gays and lesbians, but there are also unnatural gays and lesbians created by culture.
We get that over here. They are gay because it is cool to be gay.

It's only in certain circles, but there you go. Know any straight actors? The majority are gay at work, if you know what I mean, even if they are perfectly ordinary. I think it's the smell off the greasepaint or something. But because it has become this big cliche, it becomes self-reinforcing. Or they go the other way, and hang out only with the blondest of the blond, and become more aggressively masculine.

Still, I'm no expert.

Originally Posted by HydrogenBond

I believe that there are natural gays and lesbians, but there are also unnatural gays and lesbians created by culture.

We get that over here. They are gay because it is cool to be gay.

It's only in certain circles, but there you go. Know any straight actors? The majority are gay at work, if you know what I mean, even if they are perfectly ordinary. I think it's the smell off the greasepaint or something. But because it has become this big cliche, it becomes self-reinforcing. Or they go the other way, and hang out only with the blondest of the blond, and become more aggressively masculine.

Still, I'm no expert.

[/Quote]

No, I don't think he's saying they're gay because it's cool to be gay. Or if he is, I'd disagree. I would say (he means) there are some gays with a genetic disposition to be attracted to the opposite sex from birth.

Others are influenced by their life experiences. This may be influenced by peers, or result from such things as sexual or physical abuse in their youth, or it could stem from hypersexual interests/urges (presumably moreso in male gays), or I'd even suspect abuse by (a) male(s) in a womans youth could cause her to be more inclined to seek out intimate (safer) relationships with women or a hatred towards men (in which case it's not a safety issue, but spite issue).

Different people will manefest these experiences differently; so this is not a precursor to becoming gay, but (I suspect) does happen in some people. Other people will manefest the same experiences in patterns of very unhealthy or abusive relationships, drug use, victimizing others, etc.; while some may not show any signs of being affected by these experiences.

I believe some gays are also influenced by peers (similar to the mentioned 'coolness' factor) at a young age because they are not yet 'in tune' with their sexuality and attraction to the opposite sex, even though this attraction would develop naturally with time still. In these cases, I believe such influencial factors as other teens being openly gay in high school (along with gay social groups etc.) may influence thes 'lost' teens. They may also be influenced by members of the same sex as themselves who are already established in their gayness and who are attracted to the 'lost' teen. It is somewhat normal for some adolesents to 'experiment' with a member of the same sex in learning about sex and how things work. But if this is influenced by an established gay teen, who is influencial in the straight teen continuing this sort of activity beyond the experimental stage, then it becomes an unatural peer-influenced gayness, which I would assume leads to a fairly confused individual.