• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#35 billvon

billvon

Understanding

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:28 PM

My combined send-out is roughly 120 million gallons a day (MGD) through the plants. Which in the grand scheme of things compared to a large city or county is not a game changer.There is one thing that I insist upon from the Process Control team whenever they attempt to make changes at my facilities, My demand is always the same, I insist that I retain the right for manual control in one form or the other over the process.

Right.  But when you can't get chlorine or spare parts - will you be able to keep the system running?

#36 Deepwater6

Deepwater6

Explaining

• Members
  • 881 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:21 PM

Right.  But when you can't get chlorine or spare parts - will you be able to keep the system running?

No argument with the fact that for a period of time humanity will lose some synergy and life may become more cumbersome for the masses, but there are several other methods to treat water. It may take some time to set up these on-site chemical generation systems or UV, but I feel confident we could figure it out.

I'm more concerned my midnight shift operators will not be able to bring up solitaire on the computer.  :shocked: 

#37 GAHD

GAHD

Eldritch Horror

• Members
  • 2327 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:13 PM

I laugh about the spare parts thing. Heay Deepwater, are your parts pre-order standard from amazon(or other internet box store), or custom-run from a local millwright and/or ME?