#1 petrushkagoogol

petrushkagoogol

SMIEEE (Jerk who took engineering)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:18 PM

goobug_Scrin_4.png

In the graphic, the quoted identifier string search returns 3 records in 0.25 seconds,
whereas, the search based on individual keywords returns 272 records in 0.24 seconds.

In T-SQL, this would be inverted I guess, as string to string, character to character matching, with quoted identifiers would be faster.

Do you agree ?

If this is the case, then how do search engines work ?  :sherlock:

#2 sanctus

sanctus

Resident Diabolist

• Administrators
  • 4254 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:05 AM

In your first example you search for exact matches in the second returned results are scored by how many words of your query match. but that it has to match all is not a requirement

#3 asustechsupport

asustechsupport

Curious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:36 AM

Search engine optimization is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine's unpaid results.

spam-link -removed

#4 Shruti1234

Shruti1234

Curious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 07:37 AM

Search Engine works by crawling numbers of pages using their own web crawler. These web crawlers are usually known as a bots or spider in the search engine. A web search engine navigate the web page and following links on these pages to discover new pages that have been made available. 

• Thoth101 likes this

#5 Thoth101

Thoth101

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:47 PM

I am not sure how it works. But I use Duckduckgogo because googles new algorithms seem to only bring up mainstream articles when searching for something. It seems to block many things that aren't mainstream now. Last thing I want to do is read mainstream propaganda.

#6 valerie3425

valerie3425

Curious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 05:51 AM

The first step is crawling - google bot collects the websites that match your search inquiry, then crawl every website, collect information about internal links and also backlinks, the number of keywords and etc. The main factors that affect crawling are - robots.txt, internal linking, server response, backlinks.

I can also say that relevant content and the quality of your website and product is very important for Search Engine, so you should improve your website and update your product. 

If you are not a professional in software development or web development you can hire offshore development center  that will make your product works better for you.

Edited by valerie3425, 19 May 2020 - 11:10 AM.
Warning spam