31 replies to this topic

#18 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:08 AM

It might be hereditary. There are a number of studies trying to figure out what causes it.  Interest in mathematics, was only one thing I became obsessed in, music was the first, I became an accomplished piano player. I have since given it up, but I took a strong interest in chess, which has been a more recent obsession. I became successful in these area's, probably because of aspergers.

I have a friend whose son has Aspergers, who composes his own music. He writes about 30 seconds of music then stops. When a tune comes into his head goes to his room, to play his music. Problem is he does not connect the tracks together to form anything longer, which is disappointing as he is good. He is also interested in Chess, and has tried repeatedly to beat me. 

He lives with his mum, who suspects he got the Aspergers from her, as she is also a bit of a character, ie a bit strange, which makes her interesting. She has a Phd in biology, and is chaotic in her thought processes. She is also an extreme techno geek and can can obsess on a subject for a while then switch to another. Her house is full of gizzmos, which have overflowed. She is not able to throw anything out. She refused to use windows computers insisting the rest of the world was wrong, until the last couple of years when she has been forced over due to work and her other obsessions. 

I think we all know you a bit better now, are you diagnosed Aspergers by a doctor or is it a self diagnostic?

#19 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 12:03 PM

I was diagnosed very early on, a specific psychologist I saw diagnosed it - though there were question marks put over it by dubious doctors who did not know better. I was diagnosed officially with the Cambridge test to diagnose autism and related conditions. Early diagnosis suggested aspergers, later I passed for autism.

A surprising number of technically minded individuals have low levels of autism, without realizing it :shocked: . Higher levels are harder to disguise, and manifest in aggressive outbursts which might be part of the reason you keep getting band from forums, in addition to having none standard views.

By posting on forums you must recognize, you are entering into a dialogue, and people are going to disagree with you, especially if your views are none mainstream Sherlock.  :sherlock:  Most forums moderate offensive behaviour. 

I suspect your maths is like my young friends music, coherent in short bursts, but when all the pieces are put together dont make a coherent piece of music, or theory.

Its fun to think thoughts, even if they are wrong, and like you say its not a competition  :innocent:

#20 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:52 AM

Well look, I hold down intelligent conversations with a number of scientists and as far as my theories go, they are not incoherent; I am a fully grown adult, not some boy writing music in his bedroom.

I had assumed you were an adult. :) and guessed you might be in the autistic spectrum, which is not necessarily a bad thing. The autistic spectrum explains some of your traits. Thanks for confirming these two facts about your self.

None mainstream ideas are sometimes interesting, amusing, thought provoking, or mind numbing, ie not worth reading :) Clearly people read your posts, so the latter may not apply. Not applying for peer reviews, is not likely to make your ideas mainstream. By posting on forums I assume you want to enter into debate ref your theories. 

All your theories might not be incoherent and who knows could be barking up the right tree. That is not to say you might not be barking mad as well :) . There are lots of nutters posting on forums, who can get abusive when challenged on their ideas :) Did you say you got banned for being abusive.  :innocent:

All your theories might not be incoherent and who knows could be barking up the right tree. That is not to say you might not be barking mad as well :) . There are lots of nutters posting on forums, who can get abusive when challenged on their views:) Did you say you got banned for being abusive.  :innocent:

#21 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1174 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:43 PM

I got banned from the scienceforums for thread hijacking after I said I was leaving so it is not that hard to get banned from those forums not that I mind. They are pretty ban happy.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 01 March 2019 - 01:44 PM.

#22 exchemist

exchemist

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2608 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:46 PM

I got banned from the scienceforums for thread hijacking after I said I was leaving so it is not that hard to get banned from those forums not that I mind. They are pretty ban happy.

Well of course you did: you're barking.  

#23 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:55 AM

Victor have you been diagnosed with any kind of condition, by a doctor. Are you also in the autistic spectrum. Looking at your posts, you dont post in the same way as 006 doe,s who is diagnosed in the autistic spectrum. Are you just mad, needing medication, unlike autistic people. 

Edited by Flummoxed, 03 March 2019 - 03:16 AM.

#24 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:55 AM

Well of course you did: you're barking.  

Barking I am thinking is different to Autism.

#25 fahrquad

fahrquad

All I know is that I know nothing.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:56 PM

Does anyone here proof-read their posts before sending or is Engrish a second language?  <_<

#26 fahrquad

fahrquad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:06 PM

Asperger's Syndrome is a high functioning form of Autism.  My brother-in-law (the Doctor)(MD) has Asperger's and so do his son and daughter.

https://en.wikipedia...perger_syndrome

#27 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 03:15 AM

Asperger's Syndrome is a high functioning form of Autism.  My brother-in-law (the Doctor)(MD) has Asperger's and so do his son and daughter.

https://en.wikipedia...perger_syndrome

Many mental conditions are hereditary. In extreme cases people stand out in the crowd, avoiding eye contact etc. With mild cases they are just a bit weird, ie  dont shut up, conversations often dont seem to have a purpose, they fail to understand that the person they are talking at might want to change the subject, or get them to focus. Humor is something they are not good at. 

Do you find your brother in law doesnt use humour very often, and likes to tell you what he knows or thinks he knows, without letting people get a word in. Being an MD his bed side manner might be a bit off hand without empathy. Does your sister get a word in edge ways, how is she coping. Does he ever accept he is wrong in arguments. 

#28 Flummoxed

Flummoxed

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 03:16 AM

Does anyone here proof-read their posts before sending or is Engrish a second language?  <_<

It is possible to edit posts, and use punctuation marks ,,,,,,,:)

Edited by Flummoxed, 03 March 2019 - 03:18 AM.

#29 exchemist

exchemist

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2608 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:55 AM

Barking I am thinking is different to Autism.

Different from Dagenham too, though not by much. 

#30 Dubbelosix

Dubbelosix

Creating

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2809 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:05 PM

Exchemist, I am going to make a wild guess, that Flummox has no idea of who you are speaking about. Secondly, neither do I. Thirdly I don't want to, and if Flummox has any integrity, neither do they.

You're about as boring, as you view that I am when I try and post at sciforums... but then the boredom vanishes when I realize how keen you are in tracking, not only what I post, but having enough concern to waste your own time, so that I cannot post in these places.

If I was a practicing psychologist, I would have a great time trying to analyze it all, outside obvious jealousy. A precursor to more interesting behaviour you have demonstrated, when concerning me.

Edited by Dubbelosix, 04 March 2019 - 06:06 PM.

#31 VictorMedvil

VictorMedvil

The Human Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1174 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:25 PM

Many mental conditions are hereditary. In extreme cases people stand out in the crowd, avoiding eye contact etc. With mild cases they are just a bit weird, ie  dont shut up, conversations often dont seem to have a purpose, they fail to understand that the person they are talking at might want to change the subject, or get them to focus. Humor is something they are not good at. 

Do you find your brother in law doesnt use humour very often, and likes to tell you what he knows or thinks he knows, without letting people get a word in. Being an MD his bed side manner might be a bit off hand without empathy. Does your sister get a word in edge ways, how is she coping. Does he ever accept he is wrong in arguments. 

Flummoxed is starting to piss me off with all this psychology bullshit do you even know what the hell you are talking about, stop saying people have random psychological disorders without knowing what the hell you are talking about go do analysis on other people that give a **** what psychological crap you think people have or take it to the psychology forum, this is the physics and etc section. I ****ing hate psychologist anyways, they don't know **** and tell you that you have something bullshit that is wrong with you. Now go the **** on before I show you the power of real science and get the hell out of my Antimatter creation thread too. Psychologists think they are scientists get the hell off this forum cause you aren't.

Edited by VictorMedvil, 04 March 2019 - 06:28 PM.

#32 fahrquad

fahrquad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1161 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:19 PM

Quite the contrary.  My brother-in-law is very quiet and reserved, IF he ever leaves the house.  For the most part he hides out in the bonus room over their garage.  He no longer practices medicine and is on permanent disability, although I think he has kept his certifications current.  My sister is a school teacher who also is on disability but for lupus.  Their son and daughter allegedly also have Asperger's Syndrome, although I believe the issue is actually a lack of socialization since they were both home schooled and are rather isolated.

ADD:  My little sister is not timid by any stretch of the imagination.  She is a few years older than her husband and she rules the roost.

Edited by fahrquad, 04 March 2019 - 10:30 PM.