Science Forums

Can We Sell Our Projects ?

dear scientists;

I still could not have applied to patent institutes. one staff from tubitak  says that I could sell my projects without patent ,too.

is this correct??

Of course - at least in most countries. A patent is a temporary monopoly, given to an inventor by the state for a set period, often 20 years. This allows the inventor 20 years during which he or she is the only person allowed to use the invention commercially. The idea is to encourage people to invent new things.

In most countries, any inventor can exploit an invention without a patent, and many inventions are not  novel enough for a patent to be granted. But in such cases, there is nothing to stop somebody else from copying the idea and competing with the inventor in the marketplace.

But I speak only of the Western world (EU, N America) and countries such as Australia with similar laws. In Turkey? Under Erdogan's creeping dictatorship, who knows? You had better rely on local advice. 

Edited by exchemist

dear Exchemist I am unable to speak of any issue which is related politic subjects. because here all of them are forbidden or dangerous.

But I would thank to you very very much. you really made me happy with your comment.

now I can contact american univrsities. and trademrks.

many many thanks

I hope I will gain money.

dear Exchemist I am unable to speak of any issue which is related politic subjects. because here all of them are forbidden or dangerous.

But I would thank to you very very much. you really made me happy with your comment.

now I can contact american univrsities. and trademrks.

many many thanks

I hope I will gain money.

Yes I understand your position. Good luck.