Science Forums

Vinegar

contains a small amount of protein and carbohydrates, also containing sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc and chlorine.

Dr Cyril Scott and Morris Hansen in their book about the benefits of apple cider vinegar that:

First - to prevent diarrhea because it contains astringent.

Second - activates the process of digestion and metabolism in the body.

Third - prevents necrosis of the teeth.

IV - kills parasites in the intestine.

V - can be used to improve digestion when those who have a lack of stomach acid.

Aisha may Allah be pleased that the Prophet peace be upon him said: "Yes, food is Aladam _ _ or vinegar." Sahih Muslim

Aladam: What Aatadm him, said: Adam bread with vinegar, or dip the bread in vinegar and eat it, and collect Aladam: Adam, as writers and books.

As the vinegar by the disinfectant for the intestines, and some people recommended using it to gargle the mouth and throat, mouth be clean of bacteria that is what leads us to God's words (and speaks of passion that is only a Revelation revealed mighty in power

contains a small amount of protein and carbohydrates, also containing sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc and chlorine.

Dr Cyril Scott and Morris Hansen in their book about the benefits of apple cider vinegar that:

First - to prevent diarrhea because it contains astringent.

Second - activates the process of digestion and metabolism in the body.

Third - prevents necrosis of the teeth.

IV - kills parasites in the intestine.

V - can be used to improve digestion when those who have a lack of stomach acid.

personally I am a fan of apple cider vinegar. When used with a netty pot and equal parts water,it can knock my sinus infection out fast. I forgot to add the water once :o that never happened again

Aisha may Allah be pleased that the Prophet peace be upon him said: "Yes, food is Aladam _ _ or vinegar." Sahih Muslim

Aladam: What Aatadm him, said: Adam bread with vinegar, or dip the bread in vinegar and eat it, and collect Aladam: Adam, as writers and books.

As the vinegar by the disinfectant for the intestines, and some people recommended using it to gargle the mouth and throat, mouth be clean of bacteria that is what leads us to God's words (and speaks of passion that is only a Revelation revealed mighty in power

I can only surmise from this, that vinegar has been used a pretty long time now :P

I can only surmise from this, that vinegar has been used a pretty long time now :P

i can only surmise that vinegar is no cure for delsuion. anyway, somethings anthropologically cultural from a very long time ago & a pretty long time. :read:

The History Of Antibiotics

...During the time of the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, people also extensively used vinegar and wine to heal wounds that were infected. Vinegar is actually an acid and a potent antiseptic that eliminates germs causing diseases. However, the antibacterial features of wine may not be totally attributed to its alcohol content, since it is very poor. Chemical analysis of wine undertaken recently has exposed that it encloses an antibacterial substance known as malvoside. Scientists are of the view that malvoside present in wine is responsible for its antibacterial attributes. ...

in the botany of desire michael pollan points out that because johnny appleseed planted apples from seed, the apples would [in most cases] not be sweet because apples never grow true to the parent and pollan concludes the only good use of them then was to make hard cider. (johnny was a bit delusional himself, being a swedenborgian & in need of a sacrament.) anyway, cider was a handy thing to have on the american frontier inasmuch as potable water was hard to come by and the cider would keep without refrigeration. left to ferment completely, hard cider begets vinegar which also keeps and can be used as a food preservative as well as a medicine.

alas, few of the medicinal uses of apple cider vinegar have been verified.

vinegar

Medical uses

Many remedies and treatments have been ascribed to vinegar over millennia and in many different cultures; however, few have been verifiable using controlled medical trials and many that are effective to some degree have significant side-effects and carry the possibility of serious health risks.[22]...

i read once that there were designs in hyroglyphs for a battery mabe of a ceramic vase, copper and nickle with vinegar

at the great library of alexandria

:artgallery:

sort of. they are actual artifacts however, not drawings tiaao & called the "baghdad battery(s)".

baghdad battery

The Baghdad Battery, sometimes referred to as the Parthian Battery, is the common name for a number of artifacts created in Mesopotamia, during the dynasties of Parthian or Sassanid period (the early centuries AD), and probably discovered in 1936 in the village of Khuyut Rabbou'a, near Baghdad, Iraq. These artifacts came to wider attention in 1938 when Wilhelm König, the German director of the National Museum of Iraq, found the objects in the museum's collections. In 1940, König published a paper speculating that they may have been galvanic cells, perhaps used for electroplating gold onto silver objects.[2] This interpretation continues to be considered[who?] as at least a hypothetical possibility. If correct, the artifacts would predate Alessandro Volta's 1800 invention of the electrochemical cell by more than a millennium.

i can only surmise that vinegar is no cure for delsuion. anyway, somethings anthropologically cultural from a very long time ago & a pretty long time. :read:

you know i was trying to be nice :)

The History Of Antibiotics

in the botany of desire michael pollan points out that because johnny appleseed planted apples from seed, the apples would [in most cases] not be sweet because apples never grow true to the parent and pollan concludes the only good use of them then was to make hard cider. (johnny was a bit delusional himself, being a swedenborgian & in need of a sacrament.) anyway, cider was a handy thing to have on the american frontier inasmuch as potable water was hard to come by and the cider would keep without refrigeration. left to ferment completely, hard cider begets vinegar which also keeps and can be used as a food preservative as well as a medicine.

alas, few of the medicinal uses of apple cider vinegar have been verified.

vinegar

yeah i would never tout it as a cure all, but in desperation and some old wives tale- i tried it. I was actually amazed at the results. Now using salt water is another issue-that's just plain nasty :(

you know i was trying to be nice :)

you know i'm not inclined to that habit when it comes to this proselytizing crapola. ;) a fig is a fig, a trough a trough & i won't say otherwise.

yeah i would never tout it as a cure all, but in desperation and some old wives tale- i tried it. I was actually amazed at the results. Now using salt water is another issue-that's just plain nasty :(

so i've heard on the salt, but i've never been a fan of the pot. whatever your nose hose poison, just don't overdo it. :read:

Neti pots – Ancient Ayurvedic Treatment Validated by Scientific Evidence

...Just don’t overdo it. A new study presented at the annual meeting of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology in November 2009 found that while short-term nasal irrigation is therapeutic, long-term use of nasal irrigation is harmful. Regular users of irrigation who continued using it had an average of 8 episodes of recurrent rhinosinusitis per year, while those who discontinued it only averaged 3 episodes per year. The investigators hypothesized that the nasal mucosa serves as the first line of defense, and irrigation depletes the nose of its immune blanket of mucus, thereby increasing the risk of recurrent infection] ...

speaking of vinegar where it doesn't belong... good grief! it's all i can do to wonder what the hell people are thinking. :doh:

Apple Cider Vinegar Enema (ACV)

Vinegar is one of the most underrated remedies in the world. It is used by people as a cleanser, and medicine. you can use vinegar to clean your windows, stain remover, chewing gum dissolver. It can also be used in an enema solution to increase the acidity in the colon. The PH factor in the colon and small intestine need to stay in the optimum range to function correctly. When the urinary pH is between 6.5 in the a.m. and 7.5 in the evening, your body is functioning in a healthy range.

6.5 being alkaline, 7.5 being acidic. Apple Cider Vinegar has been used as a successful remedy for a number of ailments, including a method of dissolving internal stones in horses. Humans tend to abuse their bodies under some strange theory that we are invincible, allowing huge amounts of waste matter to accumulate within the system. Occasionally the body could do with some help. ...

really!!?? not.

colon cleansing

...No scientific evidence supports the alleged benefits of colon cleansing.[3] The bowel itself is not dirty and barring drugs, disease or mechanical blockage, cleans itself naturally without assistance.[4] Certain enema preparations have been associated with heart attacks and electrolyte imbalances, and improperly prepared or used equipment can cause infection or damage to the bowel. Frequent colon cleansing can lead to dependence on enemas to defecate and some herbs may reduce the effectiveness of prescription drugs.[5]...