Science Forums

Seeing Is Believing

Guest Domenico

Guest Domenico

Yes, Polymath, I can see the way your mind ticks. No reason here to quote you since your message is loud and clear. In some things I agree with you. I believe in an all-pervasive electromagnetic field constituting the inner structure of space and I stick to that. Only a little thing to clear. I have my own explanation why a photon although guided by a geodesic is running in a straight line. The way you put it sounds a bit hazy, I prefer my physical explanation of it.

Polymath, did you read the thread I pointed to? Did either of you every consider the possibility that space is an expanding electric field? The possibility that electric field in a compressed state is what created the matter in our Universe? The possibility that a charged particle minutely compresses that field causing light to bend in that field?

Guest Domenico

By 'perception is also bent' I had meant that all of the different tools we have that could measure a straight line are also warped by gravity, so they are effectively useless in determining the curvature of space.

What is your explaination? It sounds interesting.

Yes, I agree with that; we all have to do a lot of guessing. As for the photon, I identify a light ray with what I call a temporal path which I show clearly with figure 3 in my thread "cosmological redshift" in the Alternative theories" forum. I must warn you. My theory is one of a kind and as such unacceptable by the establishment. You may just like to look at the figure and read those few words around it. If you feel like, you can answer me in that thread.

Yes. I did read it. An electromagnetic field from a proton is pretty much inconsequential beyond, say, a cellular level, so it really wouldn't (At least, as I see it) be able to create a huge 'electromagnetic carrier'. But feel free to prove me wrong - It would mean that I was incorrect before, and so I then would be correct after you prove to me that your theory works. However, I would need proof to be convinced. The topic you linked had little or no proof in it.

Guest Domenico

Polymath, did you read the thread I pointed to? Did either of you every consider the possibility that space is an expanding electric field? The possibility that electric field in a compressed state is what created the matter in our Universe? The possibility that a charged particle minutely compresses that field causing light to bend in that field?

Yes, Little Bang, the first thing that came to mind was the electric field. However, a few things pushed me in the direction of an electromagnetic field which I find much more satisfying in the overall universal context. Two things were of paramount importance for my swerving towards the electromagnetic field. The first one was that it explains to me why the speed of light is 299.792.458 cycles and/or metres per second (see my thread “the electromagnetic wave in space” in the Alternative theories” forum); the other one, and the most important one, is that it tells me the why and the wherefore living things (Man in the front row of course) moved from darkness into glory through a window which we call “visible spectrum”. This is all subjective since it has to do with my theory. Sorry about it.

Guest Domenico

The 'visible spectrum' is only called visible because it is the one we see. If we saw into the Ultraviolot portion, then that would also be a part of the 'visible spectrum'.

Yes, Polymath, for some animals the near end of the ultraviolet on one side and the near end of the infrared on the other are already “visible spectrum”. Anyway, I was referring to some other thing, namely, to the fact that in that portion of the spectrum magnetic and electrical forces are in equilibrium.

Guest Domenico

Aren't they at every point?

The way I figure the spectrum is that the closer you get to gamma rays the high the frequency (and energy) the stronger the magnetic component. The opposite happens at the other end of the spectrum. In my thread "the electromagnetic wave in space" towards the end there is a long paragraph illustrating what I am saying.

Guest Domenico

The changing magnetic field causes the electrical field, correct? Wouldn't a stronger magnetic field create a stronger electric field?

The way I figure it out is that all along the electromagnetic spectrum at each step of the way energy is spent to expand the wavelength. The magnetic substance at the origin (cosmic rays, you would say gamma rays) becomes weaker and weaker to supply the energy needed for the lengthening of the wave.

Guest Domenico

So you are saying that as the radiation propagates, it goes from gamma rays to radio waves?

No, I am not saying that. All type of radiations propagate along their own frequencies or wavelengths and run orthogonal to the space direction of the cone-like spectrum which in my theory I identify with expansion in time and extension in space and which is, if you look at it the other way around, nothing else but the gravitational field. It would be clear then that along the space direction gammarays→radiowaves there is neither propagation nor telecommunication because at each step of the way the space path is characterized by different frequency hence different wavelength. I show this pretty well with figure 2 in my thread “the dual nature of space”.