3 replies to this topic

#1 Moontanman

Moontanman

Unobtainium...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9029 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:57 PM

The first Iron Man made me want to be Iron Man, Iron Man 2 made me want to see Superman stuff Iron Man into a car crusher. It should have been called trailer for the next super hero movie, "Agent Of Shield" lame story and script, wait for it to be in the $5 bin at Walmart...

#2 CraigD

CraigD

Creating

• Administrators
  • 8034 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

The first Iron Man made me want to be Iron Man, Iron Man 2 made me want to see Superman stuff Iron Man into a car crusher. It should have been called trailer for the next super hero movie, "Agent Of Shield" lame story and script, wait for it to be in the $5 bin at Walmart...

LOL, Moontanman.

Iron Man isn’t, and I doubt will ever be, on my “must see in theater” list, but also isn’t (yet) on (though it’s not too far from) my avoid-at-all-cost list, a list sparsely populated with such just-can’t-suspend-my-disbelief-in-the-face-of-this-ridiculous-crap offerings as the Transformer movies (just the movies – I thing the little flippy-changy toy figures are pretty cool :ideamaybenot:). I'll likely see it with low-set expectations when it becomes available via Netflix.

Judging from its IMBD reviews, “liked Iron Man 1, hated Iron Man 2” is a common reaction. However, judging by it’s IMDB ratings (17.0%@10, peak 26.0%@8, 5.1%@<5, 1.8%@1), it was liked enough to count as a success, financially, made a profit within a week of release, and will offer at least a few 100% return for its investors, and leave the franchise in good shape for a repeat future performance as Iron Man 3.

For people wanting a sci-fi bio-mechanical action movie with semi-reasonable, very cool science realism, and even a pretty deep plot, I think the next must-see is James Cameron’s due-to-be-released-in-2011 Battle Angel – though I’m biased, as the Battle Angel Alita manga on which it’s based has been my favorite since I discovered it in the mid 1990s, and the only manga for which I eagerly await it’s roughly biannual publication.

#3 Buffy

Buffy

Resident Slayer

• Administrators
  • 8946 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Oh we thought it was quite entertaining. Nice to see not-so-super-superheroes sometimes....

...and of course Natasha did not need no steeenkeen iron suit to kick bad guy butt... :cheer:

I did wonder how much Larry Ellison had to pay for not only the product placements but the walk on "role"... :rolleyes: :evil:

Fallaces sunt rerum species, :phones:
Buffy

#4 Pyrotex

Pyrotex

Slaying Bad Memes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5702 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

...and of course Natasha did not need no steeenkeen iron suit to kick bad guy butt... :phones:...

Natasha didn't need no iron suit because the Girl was wearing a Pearl Earring that gave her bionic super powers and increased her bust size. And THAT is how she could bust so much bad guy butt.

:cheer:

I thought Ferro-Dude II was kinda lame, too. The "villians" were totally unbelievable.
Can you say "Central Casting" boys and girls?