Science Forums

Electing God

TheBigDog

Hey donk , help me campagne and I'll give you your own universe to create to your own specs, is that enough of a challenge? Vote for me kids and I'll set you free!

A tempting offer, but I have to decline.

I can't understand how any sane god could put up with this worship thing. It gets old very quickly - ask any pop star.

And all the listening. That's the deal, right? God hears you - every self-serving, greedy, arrogant prayer, every dragging, insincere, off-tune hymn. He has to listen to ALL of it. No sirree, bub! It ain't me, babe - it ain't me you're looking for ;)

A tempting offer, but I have to decline.

I can't understand how any sane god could put up with this worship thing. It gets old very quickly - ask any pop star.

And all the listening. That's the deal, right? God hears you - every self-serving, greedy, arrogant prayer, every dragging, insincere, off-tune hymn. He has to listen to ALL of it. No sirree, bub! It ain't me, babe - it ain't me you're looking for ;)

That's the kicker for my campaign, I'm not the least bit interested in worship, just vote me in, I'll make good on my promises and leave everyone alone unless some really big threat shows up and then I'll come back and help. No need to even try to pray to get anything more than I am giving to begin with. I don't have time for the trivial details, I'm going to design my own universe, much wilder than this one.

Moontanman

That's the kicker for my campaign' date=' I'm not the least bit interested in worship, just vote me in, I'll make good on my promises and leave everyone alone unless [b']some really big threat shows up and then I'll come back and help[/b]. No need to even try to pray to get anything more than I am giving to begin with. I don't have time for the trivial details, I'm going to design my own universe, much wilder than this one.

Is there like a Bat-light or something in which to call you with. ;)

Just trying to keep the fact sheet straight. :)

Is there like a Bat-light or something in witch to call you with. :hihi:

Just trying to keep the fact sheet straight. ;)

We'll work out the details after I'm elected, I want humans to be as independent as possible. I mean I am giving you Youth, health, immortality, physic powers, and your own starship and planet. Not to mention bringing back everyone who has died, (and your beloved pets) and all the extinct animals. Free unlimited energy as well! I think you guys should be able to handle most problems that could crop up.

Remember campaign for me and get even better extra stuff!

Your own ring world and or universe to make in your image!

I wonder if it's the fault of politics, or religion?

I think both of them is at fault, the two worst aspects of human society. Has anything else caused more pain and suffering than politics and religion? (vote for me and I'll put a stop to that stuff!) (no shame at all!)

Now that is a God I could vote for!

Surely thy vote shall earn thee a place in Heaven. Yea though thou walk through the valley of the shadow of death, thou shalt fear no evil: for Hot Chicks art with thee; thy rod and thy staff they comfort them. Surely hot chicks with tongues shall follow thee all the days of thy life: and thou shalt dwell in the land of hot chicks for ever and ever. :hyper:

What Overdog doesn't tell you is that what he calls "heaven" is actually Las Vegas. :hyper:

You see, he really means "hot" chicks. It's hot out there in the desert.

No such place awaits my constituents. A god you can believe in! :)

The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness. Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.