Science Forums

Red Dwarf

sanctus

it was funny

the dude with the H on his forehead was cool, a foundation (or satire) for sci-fi on primetime.

of course i was what 5 at the time??? lol. .anyway

how about new series? andromeda stargate and firefly (defunct? didn't notice)

i especially love stargate.

future series? venus prime perhaps?? with oh i don't know radha mitchell as ellen....

i'm just wondering why the new series can't have the same slap stick nature of old classics like dwarf.. they all seem too preoccupied with surreal acting and situation, not even on the science of space travel .. its almost as if they are focussing on the politics of gallactic federations and not the science or comedy.

how about a mission to the moon (or moon base (minning or spaca colony style comedy) since there is a presidential push to return to the moon....?? for the season finale they venture to the far side and find an obelisk... lol

You know in Switzerland I never heard about red dwarf, I saw it in 1999 when I spent a year in Australia. When I came back I figured out that they showed it on BBC (prime, world?... don't remember), but I didn't have that chain, then I moved to Geneva where I have BBC, but they stopped just two months before the series.....

Stargate I like it quite much, but it is always funny how all the alien planets are so earthlike.

What is firefly (defunct?)?

There were two things I mainly liked in Red Dwarf, the accent and humour...

I actually don't mind the politcal part in sf-series, mainly because it's hard just to good humour without some political elements.

But I agree Red Dwarf is just...., well the usual thing sf-series aren't anymore what they used to be.

Even nostalgia isn't what it used to be....