Science Forums

Working mechanical model project

hi my friend is trying to hunt for a project that works mechanically either powered or solar. he is in the 12 grade can somebody think of an idea because i am just coming upto nothing:confused: :eek_big: it should work either with radio control , switches or solar can you people come up with some ideas. please dont involve chemistry and biology because this should be an engineering related project.:eek:

hi my friend is trying to hunt for a project that works mechanically either powered or solar.
How about a solar tower?

Mechanically, they’re very simple, and could be made inexpensive material – glass and almost anything else. They’re a potentially major alternative energy technology. A model wouldn’t need to actually generate electricity – simply showing air movement (ie: turning a light-weight model airplane propeller) would demonstrate the principle. If it needs to be demonstrated indoors or at night, an electric spotlight could be substituted for the sun. Explaining its workings, and showing how different size windows and chimneys effect it, would be pretty good science. Kayra (who, alas, has been scarce for some months), and likely some others at hypography, are experts in this kind of technology.