Science Forums

Gold Refining

GAHD

no need for links or kits.

with the right techniques and chemicals, the safe use of aqua regia can be done

the first thing is the presentation of the solid

build a home smelter and corn flake the molten metal into 5 gallons of cold water

then use aqua regia and salts to precipitate the gold, then silver etc...

watch out for platinum and palladium contaminants in your gold

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

i was interested in learning more about acid peroxide. i was reading the gold refining articles and someone had mentioned acid peroxide was a safer alternative to a/r.if some has eperience using acid peroxide to refine gold please tell me the steps you used, what was positive about the outcome, and what obsticals you had to overcome. if you are able to add some additional imformation such as hazards, and safty percautions you found that were useful.

thankyou for your interest and your feed back:chris

i was wondering if it was more economical to make nitric acid at home vs buying it at a chemical supply store? i was able to find some imformation on the web about making nitric acid, but i have no eperience making it. if anybody has imformation on personal experiences they have had making nitric acid at home i would like to know if it was more affordable and cost effective vs buying it in the store. please factor in time at store to get supplies and actual time it took to mix chemicals to get a finished product.

thank you:chris

• 2 months later...