Science Forums

Cog

sciman55

I know this is kind of biology, but it has to do with center of gravity; If the center of gravity, which the human body rotates about, was in a different position than it usually is; how would the human body rotate if the center of gravity was in:

The Left/Right Arm

The Left/Right Leg

The Left/Right knee

The Left/Right foot

The Left/Right ankle

The Left/Right Thigh or Hip

The Left/Right Shoulder

The Left/Right elbow

The Left/Right Forearm

THe Left/Right Hand

The Left sideof/Middle of/Right side of Chest

The Left side of/Middle of/Right side of the belly

The Left side of/Middle of/Right side of the Head

I know this may seem too much, but I couldn't find answers on the net. Please answer.

If the center of gravity, which the human body rotates about, was in a different position than it usually is; how would the human body rotate if the center of gravity was in …
By definition, an object rotates about its center of mass (Also known as center of gravity). So, in all sciman55’s examples, a human body with these various centers of mass would rotate about them.

Since human tissue is nearly all similar in density, it’s practically impossible for a human body to have such unusual centers of mass – to shift its center of mass far from its current location of between the lower rib and the pelvis, you’d have to thicken limbs and replace much of their tissue with solid metals, or something along those lines.