Science Forums

Is the universe expanding or ...

is everything in the universe inflating at the same rate?

I'd like to tend to believe that it's a little bit of both, giving the universe a breathing quality. But, all the while streching out. If it were to strech beyond it's limits wouldn't big crunch then big bang occur?

That would imply that infinity is finite within a realm of existance, but also finite is infinite in the grand scheme of things. I can't really explain my thoughs, but what I'm trying to say is that "our" universe could just be a recycled preuniverse. Which implies that "our" universe might be a preuniverse for a universe yet to come, or for a universe in the making.

Still in the workings so raise some key questions, or point out flaws,

DCL

Oh, something like the universe evolves.

Well there have been several theroys about this. Recent evedance points to the entire universe not only expanding, but at an ever increasing rate. I have a theory on this, but have not posted it yet (I am trying to word it so it can be easily understood first)

As for the rest, I really didnt understand what you were trying to get acrossed.

Just like anything in nature our universe works. But, every thing that works will eventually die. Whether it be living or inanimate, it will die, be vaporized, then form another system.

Take our solar system for example. We're all living beings. Living off of other things that are living, plants and animals. Which most beings are living in nonliving inanimate objects, houses, burrows, etc. While these beings, for the most part live with or around other beings.

When life is done the being dies. When our stars life is done it, what? Explodes, supporting my statement of death and vaporizing. All or most planets will shrivle up and become gas because of this explosion. Killing the planet, but not ending it's life. Rather starting new ones. One possiblity I know of would be a new star, but I'm sure theres more.

So one can only assume that the universe has an expiration date/critical state/cycle/source of life(for us the sun is the source of life). Also, that under the right cirmumstance will even up doing some crazy ****, then dieing. Only to be the scrape of the next new, possibly improved system. I say possibly improved, because who are we to judge what systems are better than another? If the new and improved is a mere blueprint for the next.