Science Forums

Focal length of a plano-convex lens

# Diameter of a Plano-convex lens is 6 cm and the thickness at the center is 3 mm. If the speed of light in the material of the lens is 2 x 10^8 m/sec, what is the focal length of the lens?

Could anyone help me to solve this problem?

Can anyone tell me how to find radius of curvature from the diametre and thicknes of the lens? If the radius of curvature is found then the focal length can be calculated, isn't it?B)

# Diameter of a Plano-convex lens is 6 cm and the thickness at the center is 3 mm. If the speed of light in the material of the lens is 2 x 10^8 m/sec, what is the focal length of the lens?

Could anyone help me to solve this problem?

Can anyone tell me how to find radius of curvature from the diametre and thickness of the lens? If the radius of curvature is found then the focal length can be calculated, isn't it?B)

Can anyone tell me how to find radius of curvature from the diametre and thickness of the lens? If the radius of curvature is found then the focal length can be calculated, isn't it?B)

Have you looked on the Web?

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 91,200 for How to determine focal length of a lens. (0.26 seconds)

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~mpeterso/classes/phys301/geomopti/lenses.html