Science Forums

Brave New World

jpittelo

Do you know the actual stand of the research and realisation concerning the possiblity of "reproductive techniques" that could :

1) allow to predict and eventually avoid certain diseases

2) avoid the violence in couples due to feelings and problems related to intimate life

In the old continent, we have only the respiration of the west prophets, like Huxley, but we now receive from the United States, message that are more in the direction to forbid those activities, which let suppose those are maintained apart from the public..

Indeed, since the international political situation is quite tensed, we are supposed to believe that the transfert of infotmation and techniques is even more braking slower.

jpittelo,

I will try and answer / respond to your post but your post(s) are hard to follow.

Do you know the actual stand of the research and realisation concerning the possiblity of "reproductive techniques" that could :

1) allow to predict and eventually avoid certain diseases

2) avoid the violence in couples due to feelings and problems related to intimate life.

1) Yes, there are test and such that allow doctors to detect some issues in utero and thus allow them can take actions to help prevent fetal dimise and developmental issues.

2) I don't really understand this statement/question could you elaborate or reword it?

2) I thought there was sometimes violence in couple due to sex secrets...but maybe i'm not in a good mood

3) Do you know if they can make gene related experiments to confirm or disprove Darwin-similar theories..for example by trying to make some "pseudo-continuous" chain from a specie to another..or is this forbidden ? (if yes by who ?)